Now we need better clutch support ;-)

Now with the release of dtm 92 car packs we have lots of great cars to drive with H shifter, and they're not alone: The audi GTO, etc are also H pattern shifter car.

But, there's a big but. Clutch support is still an issue in r3e.

What we have today :

- a clutch setting "auto" or "manual" in the general settings of the game named "car settings". Some reminiscence of old menus/settings I guess.
- an H pattern yes/no in controls settings
- sensitivity and "dead zone" (only for IN/begin) in advanced settings in controllers settings.
- No awareness at all about the kind of gearbox the car you drive. You need to set auto clutch when driving a sequential gearbox car, otherwise you will damage the transmission in less than 2 laps
- clutch release/spinning point to is set to 100% pedal press. You need to fully press the clutch pedal. This is not realistic, release point is more often somewhere in the middle of the travel of the clutch pedal. It's hard to drive fast and impossible to drive with mechanical damage On, you'll damage the transmission in few laps...
- no slipping zone on the clutch release point. Looks like some ON/Off button.
- with "mechanical damage" Off you can drive a H pattern gearbox without pressing the clutch (manual clutch ON) . There's nothing against it, and nothing to tell you that you need to use the clutch pedals. The car will drive as if you pressed clutch pedal.

Now what we need :

- the first very little thing that can help will be to be able to set an "out/end" deadzone for the clutch.
With that we will be able to move the release point were it should be : not at the end of the travel of the clutch pedal (in a much more realistic point )
- the second will be to get rid of the "car settings" in the general game settings and put the clutch settings were the direction settings are now : in the car setup menu. Or at least in the session settings.
- Last but not least. The "get real" need to consider the gearbox type of the car and automatically change the type of clutch depending of it: H pattern, sequential with clutch, sequential robotised, etc. So we will not have to change the clutch settings and leave it on some "get real" settings
- not being able to shift so easily without a good clutch release/engage timing in "get real" while driving a h pattern gearbox car.

I really hope we will have some improvement here, at this time the joy of driving dtm 92 car is a little bit reduced by all of this.

I can afford it im just not sure the TX is worth its price tag yet. Apart from blkt im not sure ive heard of someone who hasn't had a problem with their TX.
Like all products, the people who encounter problems shout the loudest. I'm sure the TX is a good wheel and there are countless satisfied owners out there. I'm not suggesting you ignore trusted feedback on reliability issues but don't let it completely sway your decision.

Fanatec have a reputation for reliability and build quality issues but I've been using their gear for three years with little trouble. My CSR had very mixed reviews but I believe it performs well for the price point.

I think it's fair to say Logitech have the best reputation for reliability in the consumer wheels market. My DFGT was solid as a rock and that's what I hear repeated by most owners of that wheel and G25/27s. So if you don't want to chance it stick with Logitech. It's just a shame they aren't producing new models to provide a contemporary alternative to Thrustmaster and Fanatec.

Anyone else here destroy the transmission after a few laps when heel toeing? Im finally starting to learn how to do it right, but in this game Im killing the gearbox after a few laps. Am I doing something wrong or is this a clutch issue? Any solution for a better working clutch yet?

i ran a test the other day on the dtm92 beemer
hbox never touching the clutch driving hardlight on a half a lap ,bag of spanners 4laps of monza
hbox using the clutch driving hard but not taking care (light on after 3 laps) bag of spanners 7laps of monza
less miss shifts , better control of clutch timing etc , but ragging it to go fast (1:59's-2.01's ) 12laps and i stopped (thats about race distance at monza

Andi

i ran a test the other day on the dtm92 beemer
hbox never touching the clutch driving hardlight on a half a lap ,bag of spanners 4laps of monza
hbox using the clutch driving hard but not taking care (light on after 3 laps) bag of spanners 7laps of monza
less miss shifts , better control of clutch timing etc , but ragging it to go fast (1:59's-2.01's ) 12laps and i stopped (thats about race distance at monza

Andi
Andi, so are you agreeing there is a problem? It was kind of difficult to understand from your post.

There's something I don't get with DTM 92's cars.

No matter what I do I always damage the transmission.

I tweaked my clutch pedal with DXtweak so I only have to press 10% to get 100% in the game. With that: no way I miss a shift.
But whatever I do, with DTM92's I can not drive more than 4Laps on Nurbu GP before Transmission damage light ON. And to do 4 laps I have to cruise! If I go fast (but without trying any Hell-toe) it's only a matter of 1 or 2 laps.
I think it's something with this DTM 92's cars, because I can drive the Audi GTO like hell (with proper shift/clutch timing) without any transmission damage.

There's something I don't get with DTM 92's cars.

No matter what I do I always damage the transmission.

I tweaked my clutch pedal with DXtweak so I only have to press 10% to get 100% in the game. With that: no way I miss a shift.
But whatever I do, with DTM92's I can not drive more than 4Laps on Nurbu GP before Transmission damage light ON. And to do 4 laps I have to cruise! If I go fast (but without trying any Hell-toe) it's only a matter of 1 or 2 laps.
I think it's something with this DTM 92's cars, because I can drive the Audi GTO like hell (with proper shift/clutch timing) without any transmission damage.
yah I think so as well. I just drive with mechanical damage off for the time being until it gets sorted.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back