1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Nov 29, 2013] Mini Friday (Imola)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

3. Well this will be my first ever race here at Race Department!:D

I don't know how fast I'll be, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Welcome Nelson to our race 07 club :) look forward to seeing you on track.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Nelson, it will be a long race, prepare! Make sure you have all that's needed to make a pitstop, there's a Guide in the RACE 07 forum. I'm surprised Justin didn't mention the Mini Friday Skinset, can't tell one car from the other without those skins!

• Beer Beer x 2
  6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Roll up Roll up, get you free Mini skinset HERE.. Grab this fantastic offer free for this century only. Hurry while stocks last :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  7. For me, it will be the first time in Mini Friday :) 80 minutes ! very long time. i don't know i can put up with it. i will try. After so long time playing, don't you have a pain in your eyes guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

It goes quicker than you think. My advise would be plan your pitstop, fuel/tyre strategy and boxing. The rest is just driving ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

9. I've been practicing long runs offline with most of my spare time, so I'm not too worried.:laugh: I read the pit stop guide and I had no idea about the ignition!:redface: I just downloaded the skinset a moment ago and probably will do so again before the race because I see an update is coming soon.

10. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

No updates this week Nelson, you're good to go :)

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Nice crowd, anyone giving up a setup?

12. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

I'll be there for my first event with the RD !
    Just put me at the back of the grid.

Damo :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

whats the thing about the ignition , must have missed that?

Damo

14. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

• Beer Beer x 1
  15. Here's a setup!:thumbsup:

It's technically not mine, it is actually from a setup collection I got off of Nogrip, but modified the gear ratios. I was going to mess with the tyre/tire pressure and brake pressure a bit.;) By the way, it will say the creator is Nolan Uldaski. That was my old username before changing it to my real name.

See you guys later!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have a question about Team Speak. When I start it up, I see different folders/groups. Before the race, do I start it up and join the Race 07 section? Or is that not how it works?

17. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

TeamSpeak isn't mandatory, but it's nice to be social during the club events :) You'd jump into the Race 07 section, yep.

18. Thanks a bunch Andrew!

Also, I won't be running a custom skin today, but possibly next week.

Hello Damo, nice to see another person making their first start.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

This will be my first experience as well so be prepared, not sure how any of this works but will make time before the race to read up on pit stops, fuel, custom skins so i may have a few questions afterwards, cheers.

20. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

@Gavin Hendley Best setup up a pitstop preset in the game menu when you're online tonight to refuel the car, change the tyres and fix any damage as a good start point. Will be able to give you more info on fuel amounts when we're in the lobby later and I can get some fuel usage data etc....
    Pitstops can be more complicated than that but I'd get use to a simple stop before worrying about ignition/starter, pit limiters etc. Just leave it on auto for now.

Practise getting the car speed down entering the pits so you don't get a stop and go penalty in the race too.

• Like Like x 1