1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Nov 18, 2013] R07: STCC2 [ VW Sirocco excluded] (Laguna Seca)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
    Car: STCC
    Weather: Dry
    Games: STCC 2, Race On

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Races (2 x 22 Minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  2. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

So Porto or Laguna seca? :)

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

HeHeHe, still getting used to what I have to do for the new Events listing.
    Laguna Seca!

Besides that mistake sending the post to the GSC forum, getting the time wrong, race length, wrong duration of events....I had to take down several that I put up.

I guess it will be a while before I get it all right.

:confused:but, what, you didn't sign up using the new system? :cautious:

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is up!

5. Hello have you a link for the track, mine is showing as incompatible game version?

6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Hi Howard. The track is part of the RACE ON DLC so you don't need to download the track separately. Does either the class or circuit description on the multiplayer screen say unknown? if so then you haven't got the DLC required installed. You need STCC2 & RACE ON DLC. If you have got both installed and they are listing correctly in the multiplayer screen then you may have a conflicting MOD installed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Im in please Dennis

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Dan Allinson , just go to the top of the thread and click on "yes" and you'll be added :thumbsup:

9. Wooow the sign up system is really cool. I'm a fan of it! I hate the fact I still don't have Race on even more now. What a great car/track combo!

10. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I think I will be able to race. The race is very very late over here, but STCC2 cars are rarely used, so can't miss this out.

11. i go, please

12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Sorry guys, Sometimes I can't get anything right. Thanks for hanging in until the races were setup correctly!

Race #1 started off a bit rough, I hope they settled down to everyone's satisfaction? CLose racing at the back of the pack, Janko, Gundars, Brian, Alek and I all tight for a while. Gundars and I ended up in a close fight, in the end I had to let him go as I ran out of fuel on the last downhill.

Race #2 and "uh oh" I didn't put any extra fuel in. Another great race except that the guys everyone seemed to have left Gundars, Janko and I behind. Again there was a good duel to the finish. I had a couple of seconds in hand and got to save enough fuel to cross the line with 0.11l of gas at the line!

@Aleksander Pienkowski , great job man, I think you're getting some real speed!

• Like Like x 1
  13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I never showed up. I was on "maybe" so that is to be expected.
    I actually thought I was going to make it. But to tell tell you the truth, I just woke up :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 3
  14. Actually, I've just recently found some time to dig and thorougly understand wheel lock, steering lock, steering ratio and the relationship between the 3 variables. At last I'm satisfied with my G25 setup, which gives me a good feeling of a car. To my knowledge WTTC/STTC cars have variable steering ratio between 12:1 and 15:1. Since ingame you can't simiulate variable steering ratio, I assumed 13,5:1 would be OK. Therefore, 900/2/13,5 gives circa 33 steering lock which you set ingame. I guess, more experienced racers prefer lower steering ratio, but for me it is more natural and close to reality.
    Besides, I must admit I did some more offline training on this track than usual ;).
    I hope to find some time in the near future to fiddle withe car setups. For now I've stuck to Symbin ones (changing only steering lock). I think there is still some room for improvement here.
    Anyway, for the first time I had the opportunity to feel what it's like to be in the middle of the pack fighting for every inch of the track. And it was great fun. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1