Notifications Not Working

Notifications seem to be broken for some reason.

I was quoted here today, 2015-09-07 @11:19: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheels-and-pit.110668/#post-2087356

But it does not show up for some reason in my notifications:
upload_2015-9-7_13-16-26.png

Since the last notifications are from Friday, I'm guessing I could have missed a few others as well.

Notifications seem to be broken for some reason.

I was quoted here today, 2015-09-07 @11:19: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheels-and-pit.110668/#post-2087356

But it does not show up for some reason in my notifications:
View attachment 104612

Since the last notifications are from Friday, I'm guessing I could have missed a few others as well.

You where not quoted in the original message. The quote was was added in an edit which does not trigger notifications. The same is true when adding tags like this @Ho3n3r in an edit. They don't trigger an alert.

This is standard XenForo behaviour and there's not really much I can do about it. It might be something they'll address at some point but it was designed this way I believe to stop people being alerted every time a post in which they are tagged is edited.

You where not quoted in the original message. The quote was was added in an edit which does not trigger notifications. The same is true when adding tags like this @Ho3n3r in an edit. They don't trigger an alert.

This is standard XenForo behaviour and there's not really much I can do about it. It might be something they'll address at some point but it was designed this way I believe to stop people being alerted every time a post in which they are tagged is edited.

Cool thanks. Didn't know that - I've tagged people many times when editing, didn't even realise it was pointless.

This is backed up by me receiving like 4 notifications today on posts I made today.

This thread can now be closed/deleted/whatever.

I haven't been receiving updates for a thread I started and am watching, just noticed there had been a lot of replies the last couple of days but no alerts have shown for the thread?

Have you read the last message of the thread before?
Yes I read the last message, unfortunately it didn't solve my problem with alerts/notifications not being sent about replies to a thread I started, and as this thread was already active and asking about notifications not working I thought this would be a good place to post my problem, woulda been silly to create a new thread with the same title ;)

Still not getting alerts on the watched thread that I started, says "unwatch" at top is there another reason I'm not getting notifications of replies anymore?

Edit: just recieved my first alert from the thread in a long time and noticed it was from a new user to the thread, seems to be ignoring replies from previous contributors to the thread maybe?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years