Resource icon

Misc Not Created Equal - Main File (part 1) v1.0 beta

Login or Register an account to download this content
Having some trouble with the mod.....Extracted and installed as per instructions then opted to start a new career. Everything seems to be fine until it goes to load the scene where you meet your agent for the first time....it just hangs at the please wait banner in the upper left...the circle turns but nothing happens for a few minutes and then the app just stops working. Any ideas ?

That's odd, that's what I'm using for my current new career main playthrough. All those files should be perfect (most files se to work but there are a couple of teams in some build I've not tested)

Are you using any other mods?

Did you install it over the Teams in the asset folder, as opposed the one in F1 Teams folder.

You're uang a windows steam version of the game?

Baring that, I don't know what the problem is. Is anyone else having an issue using Natural Season 1?

Right, i

1 install your backup of the files. And make sure the game loafs as normal.

2 if that's fine, install the car folders (Mercedes, Ferrari etc) from my mof one at a time. Load the game ams see if the game will play.

3. Repeat until youi have found the 1 file that causes the infinite loading screen, and let me know and I'll investigate that one (I may also get you to send it to me to so I can see if its extracted from .rar properly.

I'm using the Windows Steam version and the only mods I run are some cars skins, a re-shade and I tweaked the FFB file.
The asset _groups are where the files were replaced so that should be right.
I loaded a new career with the original file and it fires up without issue.
I'll try the one team at a time idea and let you know.
BTW, I noticed that your teams folders have 3 files and not 2 as in the originals. There is an extra XML file. Is that how its supposed to be?

That's a redundant file (the original xml). I thought I'd leave it there in case someone doesn't backup their files (an inevitability sure to occur someday). At least then I can explain to them how to put the files back to their original state. This redundant file should not impact the game at all (but will add a few KBs to your hard drive - you can delete them if space is an issue).

I think I've figured it out. :thumbsup:

I added each team individually as suggested, restarting the game after each copy and they all started up fine. I left the team I joined (Manor) as the last to copy over thinking that perhaps it had something to do with the team one had joined. But no, that one now worked fine as well. Hmmm???
Digging into it further what seemed to be the issue was that when doing my earlier copies I emptied the entire original teams folder and then populated it with the folders from your archive. By doing so I had inadvertently deleted the safety car folder. :whistling:

That was most certainly what the game choked on as evidenced by the fact it works just fine now.

Thanks for giving me a assist with this and the effort you put into doing this mod. It's appreciated.
I'm anxious to try it out and to see what comes next.

I have tweaked two tracks so far the have the AI set nicely between two difficulty settings. I agree that it only needs to be done on certain tracks.

That's excellent news. Is this a blanket AI change per track, or are you able to edit individuals (or teams) performances at these tracks from these files?

for example,in future seasons what type of cars from performance folder i need to add if i want 4 teams best for the championship:mercedes,red bull,ferrari,williams,next 4 teams just a little weaker than this above,and the last three as well a little weaker?What category i have to choose from that five?And what builds?

Each Level car is approximately 0.5s a lap faster then the level below them. So you can set your Top cars as Level 3, the next as Level 2 and the worst as Level 1 (that's what I've used for Season 1 anyway). You can of course select teams to be Level 4 and level 0 to make them even better or worse respectively. How you choose is upto you.

The builds matter less. Within each Level, some cars are slightly (0.1-0.2s a lap) better then other cars. Its Minor and is mostly for the player to have an alterative car performance to ride if they feel their current car is lagging behind others who are of the same level.

Alternatively I have included an Excel file for you to put in the final Constructors Positions of each car, and the file should recommend a build for each car (I may have found a bug in there with the way excel does some rounding, it's not a game breaking bug at the moment).

problem save ?

Problem... Save...?

I have no idea what that means.

Peter's Problem above has been solved.... if thats what you mean.
You are having problems saving your progress? I've not encounted that bug...

Really, I have no idea how to interpret that two word question.

I have tweaked two tracks so far the have the AI set nicely between two difficulty settings. I agree that it only needs to be done on certain tracks.

Could anyone tell me how this is done, please? I've edited my own AI difficulty levels on F1 2012 and F1 2014 in the past, but F1 2016 has been compiled differently and I don't know where to begin. I'm having a problem being too fast for Hard difficulty and too slow for Expert. I also find that I perform too well at Bahrain, so if there was a way to even up the track difficulties, I might be able to fix things for myself.

Thanks.

I'll post the how-to in the WIP thread so that someone might want to take it forward. I can do a couple of track as it involves quite a bit of work.

Well, each performance rating is only an estimate. Pretty sure an engineer can figure out where each of their competitors cars are strong and weak in comparison to theirs - its just trying to mimic that performance that is an issue for them

But yes, there's no need to look at upgrade value of your components or the other teams. This mod was made with the intent for you to play as you want to.

problem save ?

@TheFlamingRed

He might talk about his progress. I encountered this problem, I manually dragged and dropped everything in their corresponding folder and the game started up fine no problem at all. The problems comes when you exit the game, I did a race at Melbourne went on to Bahrain and exited the game after I finished the qualifications. Autosave is turned on so it shouldn't be a problem but it is because it throws me right back at the start of the race at Melbourne. I haven't tried manual saving the game yet but I will try this tomorrow and check what will happen after of course I finish Melbourne again (I can just about race this blind folded) Other then that is that I am really impressed with what you did with this mod, my hat of to you Sir.

That is odd, I have encounter zero issues with saves so long as I fully complete a session (I haven't tried manual saving) - so if you are able to get this problem to replicate itself reliably, let me know.

Last night for example, I finished The Russia GP and always move onto the 'Laptop' screen of the next race, before exiting. This evening I was able to start at Spain as normal - so I am currently not expereining any saving errors.

(On another note, I didn't complete Monaco today as my brake pedel actually snapped - I suppose I have had it since f1 2010 so it had a decent while, but it's rare for me to have a real life technical failure causing me to retire from a gp... Don't think I want this as a feature of a mod though).

But thanks for support :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing