1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

We're due for a Nord's. I need my fix! I have a week of the Green Hell already on the schedule for a weeks racing.

I'd like to hear from the Club's drivers, would you rather have a week of Nord's driving the usual suspects or just a Saturday Special Event of, say, a single looonger event on a Saturday evening? I could even make it a SE on Tuesday, April 8 as it has a special meaning for me.

I drive the GH often, I know the corners, the course the whole hell of it, have a car for just about any class but many of you might not. Some may look to learn the circuit by driving it for a week straight, others may want a one shot event. In either case, you'd better start getting your laps in as it's really a GH of a classic track. Most figure it takes 300 laps to get it down, how many do you have.

No matter which we choose it's going to take a bit of preparation so start putting your laps in. So again it comes down to a week or a day?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.

I know the Green Hell like my own pockets, but I occasionally still make mistakes on it :laugh:
    If GT cars is gonna be used, I'm all in.
    WTCC or Radicals works as well. Open wheelers or Minis, I'm out.

Personally I would like it to be a longer event, and if possible, team based.
    However, having it team based might require some work.
    I just love the idea that GT1, GT3 (just a few examples) are using, that after 30 min, you get into the pit, refuel, change tires, and drivers. I know you can't pull that off in R07, but maybe we can come up with something else?
  3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I like to drive in a variety of cars around here so my votes goes "All Week" :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

All week fun :)
    April 8 has a special meaning for me too, so I'm thinking about "sponsoring" this event and bringing some prizes with me :cool:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

I prefer Touring Cars (why not run a mod), but will not be able to do most of the races anyway.
    But Grüne Hölle...yes I will try to be there!
    My proposal: Let's repeat our terrific Cats'n'Mice event!!!
  6. This sounds great. I would love more Special Events as my work now restricts my participation to Mini Friday. I am happy to assist the club in setting these events up working with Dennis and Justin
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Don't tell anyone, but... the Nurburgring scares me :devilish:

Seriously, though, while it is not my favorite, I am fine with either a single day event or a week long format. If we have a week, then I will have time to learn the track. If it is a single day, then I can forget about it and move on sooner :laugh:
  8. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Oh hell yes! I mean, green hell yes!

My porposal:
    Monday - ?
    Tuesday - WTCC/STCC (STCC only because better car variety if anything... :p)
    Wednesday - GTPro
    Thursday - WTCC 87 <<-- This has to be done, no questions. (Volvo included? It is a bit overpowered though, so maybe some additional weight for those using it?)
    Friday - Mini?
    Saturday - Special enduro event of some sorts with Retro Max?
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  9. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Monday for Retro (Volvo), Friday for Mini? :)
  10. OH YEAH :D
    A whole week would be great, in different classes. A mixed class GT race would rule, long enough that we'd need to pit at least once. Another in some less-powerful, easier-to-control cars. ;)

And, considering this news (below) perhaps we could do some sort of special event at a classic Nordschliefe? I know there's several out there, but I'm not sure about their legality. .. Maybe in that Classic F1 Cars mod?
    Nurburgring officially sold for $106.8m
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

You really like crashing huh!
    • Haha Haha x 2
  12. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Yay, Nords :)

While I'm still out of internets until (hopefully) Thursday (on my cell right now), I'd prefer & be in for a whole week.
    As far as cars go, one day with something GT-ish would make sense and I'd really, really like some open wheel action - preferably NOT classic F1 :D - but what about Formula Master - These things feel great "in hell" :)
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  13. Something else I've been wondering about in general, but I'll bring it up here ... (maybe this is another thread :unsure:

What about more single-make races, paticularly in 'forbidden' vehicles, and/or with the same setup ... like let's all race the Vauxhall Vectra together in one (or more) of the WTCC events .. or everyone in a specific GT car (Formula BMW (etc), Radical, Catherham seem to work, similar thing .. decent turn-out usually too) or legal mod-car ....
    Speaking of which, I was wondering about using the GTR2 conversion to Race 07 .. which would be fine for any of us who own both (which I suspect is on the higher end ;))

To relate this to the thread, perhaps the Green Hell would be a good place to 'equalize' everyone by putting us all in the same car .. like the beloved Mini Fridays (can't quite put my finger on it, but these are my favorite :inlove:) but in a different car .. ... perhaps -- like the WTCC, STCC, and Mini regularity -- one of the days could be a 'random' single-make race?
  14. Back again after my holiday and Dennis you also like my fave track !, Yes I have driven this track in every car, multiple times, I have a lot of Time attacks uploaded, im sure a few are up in the top100s, the Retro and cool are very tough on this, that Volvo Amazon lol, Caterhams drive this quite nice. However, best I would like to see an Open/All GT class race over say, 10 laps? lol I love endurance racing, and pitstops.... I'll take a Club Car and race against Pro's happily over that distance.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I think i would like to do this. For me WTCC single Saturday event.:)
  16. Problem with single make WTCC is front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive; too many like one but hate the other. I suggest WTCC06/07/08. I would use the 08 Leon TDi or here I do 7:33 in the 08 Lada:
  17. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I'd advise against 08 WTCC since its less common. If some want TDI, go with 06/07/10.

The most colorful option would be STCC 1&2 plus WTCC 10.
  18. PaulH

Premium Member

Hi guys, haven't raced for a few weeks now(work stuff), but would like to race this track, haven't been on it in a while though, so I would support week long events... :thumbsup:
  19. I'm for whole week event and i will try to join all races except gt pro ;)
  20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

So, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and a special event on Saturday?
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2