Nordschleife on Friday (just because we can) - who's up for it?

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Hello all,

My team mates (@Dennis Coufal & @Rui F. Martins) and I don't really have much to do next weekend, so we're planning to host a small event (if we manage to find somewhere to host it). Obviously we'll be using rFactor 2, and hopefully this version of the infamous Green Hell: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nordschleife-24-hour-nürburgring-test-version.98305/

We hope to have the event on Friday 2nd; I know it's incredibly short notice, and confirmation as to whether or not the event goes ahead will probably be last minute (it all depends on finding somewhere to host it), but if things go according to plan then it should be a lot of fun.

There are no plans for an official race format. It's very much going to be a turn up and drive (like a track day), unless we manage to find a fair few drivers who are interested, in which case we would try to setup a mini-endurance challenge. At the moment there are 4 of us, and a few other guys have expressed their interest on another forum.

So, I'm here to try and drum up some more interest. The more people we have the better the chance of the event being hosted (if we ask nicely :roflmao:)!

So, who's up for it!?

Just reply here if you're interested, and we shall keep you posted! It'd be great if this happens and you could join us! :D

UPDATE:

SERVER IS NOW UP!

Details:
Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM NORDS
Server password: Click here

Necessary mod details can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/isi-gt-multi-class-nordschleife-24h-fri-2nd-jan.98340/

Qualifying: 19pm GMT (60 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (60 minutes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the race and to everyone who joined, had a lot of fun!

Especially in the first bit it seemed to be evenly matched with three packs of drivers battling it out and staying close together

As can be seen from the screen below the Nordschleife also took their usual toll :D

NyGBrnp.png

Last edited:
Thank you very much to all of you again; Marco for the help and server setup, and the rest of you for taking part and joining us in what was an enjoyable and seemingly successful event! I had great fun, and it was nice to meet you all on track. Keep your eyes peeled for more! And if you have any suggestions for similar future events be sure to let myself (@Daiman Patel), @Dennis Coufal or @Rui F. Martins know, and we'll see what we can do! :D

Thanks again, and hopefully I'll see you all on track again soon.

Thanks for the race and to everyone who joined, had a lot of fun!

Especially in the first bit it seemed to be evenly matched with three packs of drivers battling it out and staying close together

As can be seen from the screen below the Nordschleife also took their usual toll :D

NyGBrnp.png

That makes me look bad... an admin with a DQ! :roflmao: It was an honest mistake! I didn't serve my drive-through penalty in time for apparently speeding in the pit-lane (I thought that I still had one lap to go). Not to mention that I wasn't speeding anyway - there was a glitch during my pit-stop, which meant I was stuck to the wall and prevented from driving away. I was then sucked through the wall, put back on the track, and served a drive-through penalty. :(

That makes me look bad... an admin with a DQ! :roflmao: It was an honest mistake! I didn't serve my drive-through penalty in time for apparently speeding in the pit-lane (I thought that I still had one lap to go). Not to mention that I wasn't speeding anyway - there was a glitch during my pit-stop, which meant I was stuck to the wall and prevented from driving away. I was then sucked through the wall, put back on the track, and served a drive-through penalty. :(
Thats not bad looking.... Thats not so smart looking :) :p

I gave you the admin password for the server. So, become an administrator on the server, and then type:
/undq damian patel

And all would have been fine again :p :p
Since rf2, the /undq command is introduced. This removes a Disqualification in any session.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%