1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nordschleife from Reiza ??

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by SCE_SR, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Hi Reiza,

is there any chance to make "Nordschleife" for us in the next update(s) ? That would be great. ;)

Best Regards
    • Haha Haha x 3
  2. It takes months to produce a track like Nordschleife, man. I believe they've got plenty of other equally amazing projects they are busy with atm. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Yeah, we won't be making Nordschleife for GSC, I'm afraid.
  4. Thanks Gringo, i have this map. It's fun to drive, but i am just spoiled by SCE standard visuals. Patrick can do that, but I know how much work it would be. For a few years ago i have built maps for a 3D strategy game called earth2150. For a good map i needed up to one week or more. I have built 40-50 maps. I know, its a lot of work. That's why i asked Reiza and not Patrick. :rolleyes:

Nordschleife is 20,8 km long. Considered sober there are "only" 4-5 tracks in one map. Many hours of work, but patrick has create many more than this. Its possible, i hope so.. ;):D

I have not the option at the moment to help him, if i could i would do it.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. I have loaded it under 3ds. And wow... It is not only a question of shaders, it is also a question of road feeling, I mean bumps. The road has to be prepared for that. Sometimes, it s nearly impossible because of the mesh build. Honestly, between road, trees, textures, etc, I think 3 months would not be enough... And I dont count unexpected problems... I prefer working on something else... :(
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. It really is an gargantuan effort that went into the making of this track. The original track team went trough a lot to keep it all together and release this beauty on the scene. Many years of building up the details and correcting this and that. Its amazing.
  7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

Considering the uproar over the potential of Spa winning the track vote, then Nords is definitely overrated anyway. </controversial> ;)
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 3
  8. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

agreed im bored with hearing about this long boring track!?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Really ? Overrated .. :sneaky: ... ;)
    Spa its ok, but in comparison to Nords. a little bit boring, imho.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

It's terrible for racing. As a Sunday drive it's cool
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Can't disagree more, had some outstanding and close races on the ring. But you need other ring junkies to make that happen.

Racing with people that crash in corner 1 because they don't know the track it's indeed boring, but that's the same on any track that people don't know really.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. :sneaky:Heh... Crowd Fund @ PG for Reiza treatments... Anyone?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Agree. Great Sunday drive, but not the best place to do races. Btw, I'm very glad VIR won as the extra track. And by the looks of it, it's indeed a very exciting track.
  14. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  16. Why Nords (even this one posted here) cause random disconnects online? In EEC we've been trying to use it but we always had this problem and only with this track, even in GTR2 was the same.
    Anyone here use this track online without problems? Patriot managed to put a version almost into Reiza standards, it's still beta, looks great, but with these connection problems I think it may be abandoned.