Nordschleife 1965 ?

I saw the great 2 lap video, but I don't see the track anywhere ? Whats the difference between this version and the more modern one?

What do you mean by "more modern one" exactly?

Search youtube, the track vid you mention pops up as the first one in search results, the link to relevant F1C forum thread is in the description. If you've got an account there, you'll find the D/L link. Personally, I think this particular conversion is not worth bothering with. On one hand It's probably good that it was done at all (I don't pretend to be holier-than-thou and don't mind trying various shady conversions every now and then), but on the other, it wasn't done with any attention for historical accuracy whatsoever. It's just a '67-'81 layout with some random trees and bushes thrown all over the place (though that might have been a result of mediocre rF1 source of the conversion).

Drove one lap and deleted it underwhelmed - and that comes from a guy, who drives only historical cars on classic circuits... Pity, as I was really looking forward to it.

By more modern I meant the one you get as one of the buyable packs that are available. I did look at the D/L links and wondered why it wasn't here as well.
There seems to be a general assumption that If it isn't here it isn't legal or worth mentioning, yet the video is here, so I was getting a bit of mixed signals so to speak.
Believe me coming from a background which was GPL I've seen a lot of classic circuits, not necessarily accurate, but the general layout anyways. The Assetto Corsa version is accurate I'm sure, but I wondered If it differed from the same track in 1965, but it seems its very similar.
Its difficult at best, because how many here have actually driven these circuits, never mind back in the 60's when most were pretty dangerous to drive on at all.

This conversion might be legit, apparently Rainmaker got permission from the guy who made the track for rF1, which in turn certainly wasn't a typical conversion from GPL, so I don't know why the first thread about it was pulled down from here. Maybe because it featured references to F1C forum and F1C mod, both of which seem to have a shoddy reputation here.

Anyway, about the track, the layout is good no doubt, it's the rest which is somewhat meh. There's abundance of photo and footage material from the most popular sections of Nords showing how these looked like in the '60s, so when I drove this AC version and saw legendary jumps at Brunnchen and Kesselchen missing (amongst the others), plus trees and bushes put where they shouldn't be (while others not being there), in some places it just doesn't look and feel like historic Nords at all.

So it's always a very subjective question of this or that track representation being "good enough", or not. For me this Nurby '65 falls into the latter category, but other's mileage may obviously vary.

Thanks ArtJ for your input and perspective. For such a legendery track, its always interesting to see how its progressed through the years, or in some cases like Bridgehampton to see the track at all !
The Green Hell is something I've had difficulty all the time with remembering it all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back