Noob looking for a wheel

Hello guys, i've been using Assetto Corsa , Project Cars and F1 2016 for about 1 year. I'm not satisfied with the experience i've been getting and i'd like to buy a wheel (i have been playing with keyboard and, recently , i've purchased a gamepad) , my budget is €200 and i don't mind used stuff, what are the best wheels i can get for this price?

Logitech G27 or Logitech G29 which is the newer version, the G29 has variations that will work with the PC/PS4 or PC/Xbox One.

I have a G27, few years old now and I love it. Though with the Logitech models you would want to upgrade the springs in the brakes, I personally went for GTEYE.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0
Logitech G27 or Logitech G29 which is the newer version, the G29 has variations that will work with the PC/PS4 or PC/Xbox One.

I have a G27, few years old now and I love it. Though with the Logitech models you would want to upgrade the springs in the brakes, I personally went for GTEYE.

Hope that helps

Thank you for your reply, I've looked online and the g27 comes with a shifter, in your opinion, what's the best comprise: worse set of pedals + shifter or better set of pedals but no shifter?
Do you think saving up an extra €100 would give me more alternatives or it wouldn't be worth it?

Upvote 0
As an ex-G27 owner I can say that Logitech shifter is a toy and it's not worth to make your decision based on it. It was the first thing in the whole G27 package that I ditched and replaced with a better piece of hardware. The wheel is good (in its price range) and pedals are too after brake spring replacement. Durability of the wheel is very good, it is probably one of the most dependent ones, but pedals use some not-so-high-quality potentiometers which might require periodic cleaning. New pedals should last about a year of very active use though, but then you're gonna open and clean them every few months unless you want to live with imprecise pedal inputs.
G29/G920 is basically the same wheel, but with more buttons on the rim which is nice but that also made the rim heavier, so the wheel probably became even slower than G27 was.
For 300 pounds you probably can get new Thrustmaster T300 GT edition which comes with 3 pedals but no shifter (you can always add it later for about another 100). It is a better (stronger and faster) wheel, but is also known to be less reliable than Logitech

Upvote 0
As an ex-G27 owner I can say that Logitech shifter is a toy and it's not worth to make your decision based on it. It was the first thing in the whole G27 package that I ditched and replaced with a better piece of hardware. The wheel is good (in its price range) and pedals are too after brake spring replacement. Durability of the wheel is very good, it is probably one of the most dependent ones, but pedals use some not-so-high-quality potentiometers which might require periodic cleaning. New pedals should last about a year of very active use though, but then you're gonna open and clean them every few months unless you want to live with imprecise pedal inputs.
G29/G920 is basically the same wheel, but with more buttons on the rim which is nice but that also made the rim heavier, so the wheel probably became even slower than G27 was.
For 300 pounds you probably can get new Thrustmaster T300 GT edition which comes with 3 pedals but no shifter (you can always add it later for about another 100). It is a better (stronger and faster) wheel, but is also known to be less reliable than Logitech

Thank you for clearing this up, as of right now, the g27 seems like the best wheel for me. I think i'll go with that one.

Upvote 0
For around 200 euro, you can also get the T150 Pro bundle or TMX Pro bundle, which is basically T150/TMX wheel with the same pedals that come with the T300 GT edition (the T3PA pedals). You can also just get the T150/TMX with the standard pedals for even less and eventually upgrade pedals later. These wheels feel cheaper than the Logitech ones, but are based on newer technology, are quieter and have better FFB.

Also, if you're lucky, you can sometimes get the T300 RS with standard pedals for around 200 euro (and again upgrade the pedals later if you want to).

Upvote 0
Agree with Martin it's better to go to Thrustmaster ecosytem then Logitech, there was a time when Logi wheels was the best choice but now there's much more better stuff to look. Also try to look for maybe some used stuff on forum here.

Upvote 0
Logitech will last you forever but will not give best performance for that price, Thrustmaster will give best performance but probably will last you around 4 years. Unless you decide to chuck in a extra 190 and get yourself Thrustmaster TSPC racer those things are solid. Choice is yours

Upvote 0
Logitech will last you forever but will not give best performance for that price, Thrustmaster will give best performance but probably will last you around 4 years. Unless you decide to chuck in a extra 190 and get yourself Thrustmaster TSPC racer those things are solid. Choice is yours
How do you know the tspc is solid if they started production only around one year ago?
I don't say that they aren't, just asking if you could give me info about that :)

Upvote 0
On a similar topic, I'm a PS4 user. I mainly play the F1 games but dabble with project cars from time to time. I don't want to spend a massive amount of money, but get a bit fed up with the joypad controls. I was thinking thrustmaster T300 or T150 any suggestions?

Upvote 0
On a similar topic, I'm a PS4 user. I mainly play the F1 games but dabble with project cars from time to time. I don't want to spend a massive amount of money, but get a bit fed up with the joypad controls. I was thinking thrustmaster T300 or T150 any suggestions?

If you don't want to spend much, just go with the T150. Solid plastic wheel, cheap plastic pedals but it gets the job done nicely with good Force Feedback!
The T300 is another league, both money wise and what you get!
But the pedals are still not really good and if you want leather etc. you are spending "a massive amount".

So you are coming from a controller, playing F1 and project cars which are both not seen as totally realistic Simulations. So I would suggest: buy a T150, have a nice wheel and enjoy it without regret for the money! :)

Upvote 0
If you don't want to spend much, just go with the T150. Solid plastic wheel, cheap plastic pedals but it gets the job done nicely with good Force Feedback!
The T300 is another league, both money wise and what you get!
But the pedals are still not really good and if you want leather etc. you are spending "a massive amount".

So you are coming from a controller, playing F1 and project cars which are both not seen as totally realistic Simulations. So I would suggest: buy a T150, have a nice wheel and enjoy it without regret for the money! :)
That's great, thanks for your advice. I've also looked at the T80 any thoughts?

Upvote 0
That's great, thanks for your advice
No problem, one thing:
I had my hands on both wheels. But I have a Logitech G27!
And I CAN'T recommend it, especially on Console where you can't use custom files etc. to get rid of it's extremely annoying deadzone (you know that tight center when going on a highway with a real car? yes, that's missing...).
All Thrustmasters are WAY better at this so just go for them! From what I heard they are just not as reliable as the Logitechs, but I would say this risk is worth it :)

Upvote 0
No problem, one thing:
I had my hands on both wheels. But I have a Logitech G27!
And I CAN'T recommend it, especially on Console where you can't use custom files etc. to get rid of it's extremely annoying deadzone (you know that tight center when going on a highway with a real car? yes, that's missing...).
All Thrustmasters are WAY better at this so just go for them! From what I heard they are just not as reliable as the Logitechs, but I would say this risk is worth it :)
Decision made! Thanks again for your advice, just need to crate some setups and awesome lap times to contribute on the F1 section of this forum!

Upvote 0
How do you know the tspc is solid if they started production only around one year ago?
I don't say that they aren't, just asking if you could give me info about that :)
Because I had it on release day on the same day I purchased rfactor2 and steam calculated 500 hours on Rfactor2 and 120hours on Iracing, 40 hours with assetto corsa and not once did the force feedback fade from long sessions, had no overheating problems and it still feels strong as I first bought it

Upvote 0
Because I had it on release day on the same day I purchased rfactor2 and steam calculated 500 hours on Rfactor2 and 120hours on Iracing, 40 hours with assetto corsa and not once did the force feedback fade from long sessions, had no overheating problems and it still feels strong as I first bought it
Thanks man for the reply!
Seems like I know which wheel will upgrade my G27 when I get the money to spend :)
(Well maybe another rim version, but the TS base!).

One thing though: Do you have this strange fan rattling from inside the motors? I suppose not but I read a few posts about that :O_o:

Upvote 0
Thanks man for the reply!
Seems like I know which wheel will upgrade my G27 when I get the money to spend :)
(Well maybe another rim version, but the TS base!).

One thing though: Do you have this strange fan rattling from inside the motors? I suppose not but I read a few posts about that :O_o:

Nope honestly mine is so silent when I am not using it

Upvote 0
A friend of mine. first time simmer, went for the G920 and is very happy with it. So far he has only used it for iRacing but he has been quick and consistent from day one. He is happy with the pedals and uses the paddles for gear shifting as he didn't buy the gearshift.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 123 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years