1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-cg cars

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by onofrash, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Hi! I have a very slow pc. So i can play only the non-cg version of the game. So can you please post the new cars in non-cg version. I am sure that i'm not the only one with a very slow pc:D.
  2. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

3. I know about this. i was saying about the new cars, make them in non-cg version and post them here:D
  4. But you can also make non-cg shader to new cars. It's not difficult, check how is non-cg shader wrote and create your own
    • Like Like x 1
  5. How about this: buy a better pc..:D
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KS95

RACER Moderator

Yeah, you have to understand that these days the standard for cars is CG and most authors don't feel the need to make non-cg shaders now. The best advice we can give is to upgrade. Even my £35 nVidia GT210 gets 25-30FPS with CG cars/tracks. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. And if he have an laptop? :D
  8. @SwiftPL thanks mate, i will.
    @twister77 i don't have enough money for a better pc. wanna gimme some?
  9. KS95

RACER Moderator

Give up? :p
  10. Sure buddy, I have some inheritance coming to me directly from Nigeria, maybe I can give you some of that, LOL..
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Did you try taking the car.shd file out of a cg car and run it to see if that would work?
  12. For me it worked on 1 car, but depends on the car if it has a non-cg shading
  13. I can help you if you want to buy a cheap PC via Germany, I'm speaking it fluently & Ebay.de is the best place to get the cheapest & best PC worldwide.

Anyway, I wouldn't stick with non-cg because, at the end, you will upgrade, it's just a matter of time, so I don't say you need a 2K PC, but for 250€, you can have a 3 year old 1K PC for sure.
  14. Onofrash,
    Check with racer.nl documentation to se how shaders work.
  15. I'm using the old 0.6.5(i have the 0.9 too, but I prefer the old one), because it works consistently everytime. And the variety of cars(especialy oldtimers) is large enough too. For the newest CG versions of Racer it will be needed a far more superior videocard.
  16. what about a 2013 macbook pro?
  17. KS95

RACER Moderator

To be honest I'm not all that sure about the Mac OS.. iirc you can run it through Wine like Linux users?
  18. make a new car.shd file on these basis:
    emission=0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5
    specular=0.75 0.75 0.75
    blendfunc=one src_alpha

check here http://www.racer.nl/reference/shadereng.htm
    and here http://www.racer.nl/tutorial/shader.htm