1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Noisy FFB?

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Matt Crouch, Jul 8, 2009.

1. I'm trying to decide if it's just me who finds the feedback in RBR very noisy with a G25..

At the minute it's pretty much unplayable, because when I break beyond a certain point, even on tarmac, the internals of the wheel make a loud noise that's difficult to describe. A kind of a vibratey thing hitting another thing in a pneumatic drilley sort of way with a hint of the sound of a pin dropping into an ocean of butter, milked from cows which whisper a moo once every 7 years and churned by monks on a vow of silence in a temple in the vacuum of space. But mostly the vibratey bit.
    I can make it just do it all the time by holding the accelerator and brake at a certain point at the same time so that I'm moving very slowly forward.

Am I the only one who gets this or does anyone else find it noisier than other games?
    Does anyone know of a way to change the detailed force feedback options like you can in the PLR file in ISI games?

Thanks

2. I don't notice it any louder than any other game. If the motors are hot after an hour or so of simracing (feel the Logitech logo on the top), maybe with the FFB working overtime in RBR, it might get a bit noisy.

3. It's probably my wheel then - it does it even if I haven't used it at-all before hand... I'm due a new wheel anyway when fanatec eventually get round to it

4. Alright. I did read from reviews that after prolonged use (1 year+) the motors do wear down and it can get noisy. This is bound to happen, but the G25 lasts longer than any other wheel, and it's only a bit of added noise :)