1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

No Upgrade after changing engines

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Roger Snead, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Hello to all.
    I did a search, but it never works out for me. I must be doing something wrong. My apologies if this topic has been covered. I am sure it has.
    Anyway, I was at Practice 1 at Catalunya, and did the R & D and passed the testing. Well I wanted a new engine, and I know you have to make sure you run out all the time in the practice session or else you will not receive the upgrade. I kept thinking....I have a bad feeling that if I change engines now, after I passed the R&D that even though all of the practice time will be forfeited, for some reason I said to myself, I bet I will not be awarded the upgrade, even though I can see no valid reason what so ever that I will be denied the upgrade, but sure as heck.......yep, no upgrade! I knew it, and did it anyway, BUT it should have given me the upgrade, correct?

Lesson learned...... don't change engines on a R&D session, even though there is no reason you should not be able to., that I can think of anyway. I thought maybe it will be in the next practice at the next race (Monaco) NOPE.

Is this a bug or is the game correct? Thanks.
    . P.S. I just noticed a little mark on my avatar, and when I hovered the cursor over it, a message said"you have posted two messages in this thread", which is true. I am assuming this is a "no-no"? Sorry, it makes sense if that is the case.:notworthy:

2. Well I've just learnt something - skipping the practice session after doing a R&D upgrade. I didn't know I had to wait the whole time!

This is a Codemasters game after all :p

Do you mean like this?
    [​IMG]

I don't see how you have posted twice in here though? :S

But your right - try to refrain from double posting :) (one post and another - when you could always use the edit button)

3. Yea, that's what I am talking about, the little corner piece. It said posted "twice in this thread" on "Wheel vs.Pad" topic, but it was to two diffrent people. So I guess it is just a notification.?

Yes, unless I am thinking of F1 2011, and I might be, you have to run all the time out of practice to get the upgrade. You can accelerate the time to do that.

I have not tried to see if it won't give me the upgrade in F12012 if I don't run out the Practice time, I just assumed it was the same.
    Honestly I am stating to think I am not sure which year it is, you have to do this.:confused: It does exist though in either 11 or 12 or both. Maybe someone will help straighten me out.:unsure: