• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound

Discussion in 'WRC 4 The Game' started by Rob Shillito, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Rob Shillito

Rob Shillito

Ratings:
    +28
    What was the fix to this because ive bought it on pc now and its really annoying having no sound

2. Superd00ps

Superd00ps

Ratings:
    +1
    I wasn't aware there was a problem with no sound!?

3. Rob Shillito

Rob Shillito

Ratings:
    +28
    yeah no car engine sounds at all, environment sounds work fine, just get no engine noise

4. Superd00ps

Superd00ps

Ratings:
    +1
    Install Directx 9 runtime from Microsoft.

5. Rob Shillito

Rob Shillito

Ratings:
    +28
    Sorted it, it's because wrc3 doesn't support 7.1 surround sound so had to change it in Realtek manager from 7.1 to stereo

6. Superd00ps

Superd00ps

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, only stereo :( You would think a modern day game would have all the bells and whistles

7. Johnny Russian

Johnny Russian

Ratings:
    +177
    yeah it kinda sucks, but i still think the sound itself is really good though. Milestone is a small studio, i don't think they have the resources and cash to do things like 7.1 surround sound. all things considered, i think they've done a pretty good job with the game, i'm actually enjoying it more than Dirt 3!

8. Superd00ps

Superd00ps

Ratings:
    +1
    Totally agree that is is waaaay more challenging than Dirt 3,...more like Dirt 1! 9 out of 10 for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Johnny Russian

Johnny Russian

Ratings:
    +177
    yeah reminded me quite a bit of Dirt 1, but better! don't really dig the Road to Glory mode that much, but it's so awesome being able to do a full WRC championship in the proper WRC cars :)