1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound

Discussion in 'WRC 4 The Game' started by Rob Shillito, Dec 7, 2012.

1. What was the fix to this because ive bought it on pc now and its really annoying having no sound
  2. I wasn't aware there was a problem with no sound!?
  3. yeah no car engine sounds at all, environment sounds work fine, just get no engine noise
  4. Install Directx 9 runtime from Microsoft.
  5. Sorted it, it's because wrc3 doesn't support 7.1 surround sound so had to change it in Realtek manager from 7.1 to stereo
  6. Yes, only stereo :( You would think a modern day game would have all the bells and whistles
  7. yeah it kinda sucks, but i still think the sound itself is really good though. Milestone is a small studio, i don't think they have the resources and cash to do things like 7.1 surround sound. all things considered, i think they've done a pretty good job with the game, i'm actually enjoying it more than Dirt 3!
  8. Totally agree that is is waaaay more challenging than Dirt 3,...more like Dirt 1! 9 out of 10 for me :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. yeah reminded me quite a bit of Dirt 1, but better! don't really dig the Road to Glory mode that much, but it's so awesome being able to do a full WRC championship in the proper WRC cars :)