1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound in replay export

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Marian Zelenka, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

The title says it all. When I watch replays sound is OK. But no sound on replay exports.

My soundcard is Soundblaster Audigy SE on Windows 8 32bit. Does this have something to do with that "what you hear" recording function that was disabled in drivers by any chance?

2. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

No one with the same problem? I had to connect line-in with output on soundcard through cable and record sound externaly to be able to make a video. Then had to use video editor to insert sound into video. Not good. :(

3. Did you use Fraps to record the video in-game?

4. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

No, just exported video and captured sound with Audacity. Then I put it together in VirtualDub. Not sure if Fraps would work because it looks to me as if missing "what you hear function" is not in drivers for Windows 8. And I don't have Fraps license for making longer videos. But maybe I'll try it to see if I get some sound in video. (?)

5. I have the same problem with Action!
    My soundcard is a Xonar DGX, only happens with this game.

6. Try disabling all Audigy card special effects and additions.
    If that does not work try to enable "Record What you Hear" in order to record gamesounds and stuff...
    Works fine on Xonar disabling all card special effects and additions.

7. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

Marcelo Gutierrez I have disabled all card effects. And the problem is that there is no "what you hear" in drivers. That function was available on XP, but not on 7 or 8.

8. you can retrieve that tho, either because it's just hidden like here:

or available through an extra program like here: http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/

9. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

No, it isn't hidden there either. I already checked that.

10. then you're like me and get option 2 - I can record what I hear with the program.