No release until June?

Just seen the new Fanatec deal where purchases of their kit earns a serial code for the tech preview.

They are releasing the codes to customers in May. Which says to me that we won't be expecting the final release until at least June/July time?

A shame but I don't mind the wait. More time to polish and perfect.

Well the end of spring is 10 weeks away, end of summer 22 weeks... the end of summer would tie in nicely for me having free time and getting bored of being outside getting too hot :D

I hope to be won over by this product when it arrives. A truly decent PC sim has been a long time coming imo.

Dave

The videos and website may say Spring 2013 release, but I'm having trouble believing it will be out by then. It's already mid April, and I know we have our hands on a technology preview, but the lack of footage from other content (tracks and cars) has me a little concerned. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, I dunno. But the only thing I've found anything on is the Ferrari F40 and Lotus Exige.

- development of Assetto Corsa is going on since a long time
- all the content for the release is probably almost in place
- tech preview is what the name says
- tech preview was most likely being used to remove last (game and fun breaking) bugs

really there shouldn't be any concerns when you ask me, unless you are concerned about that fanatec rumor

here is a rough list by a user of what to expect

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-car-and-track-list.52638/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%