No release until June?

Just seen the new Fanatec deal where purchases of their kit earns a serial code for the tech preview.

They are releasing the codes to customers in May. Which says to me that we won't be expecting the final release until at least June/July time?

A shame but I don't mind the wait. More time to polish and perfect.

If the Original Post holds true..
Getting the Tech Preview will still be a privilege Until and some time after they redeem the codes in May,for those who got Fanatec gear.so the whole game should be delayed to make that offer legit.

Otherwise the Tech preview will also serve as AC demo.

I could be wrong though...

"Working until September" doesn't mean it'll be released then. When I talked to Simone he said that they might have a few days off after 1.0 release (for constant sleep), and then upon waking up, immediately starting the hard work of bug fixing and patching, polishing (and probably making DLC content), so.. "work" never really stops..

there's still pcars
Trollface.png
Yeah and if you can't afford a Ferrari there's still Fiat. :p

Why can't people be happy with done when its done ?

If people paid money towards it ( bought into a beta / preorderd for example ) then its understandable to complain / pressure for dates of things if things seem to be going slow or development is a mess.

But in the case of AC we have not paid for anything , In the end Its clear they are working hard and that the game will likely be awesome. They would obviously say if they are changing release time and they will obviously let people know when the game is ready to go gold.

I'm not saying being excited about when its going to come out and speculating is bad or something people should not do , its more just the people nagging on twitter and probably emailing them.

If you are developing a product or working on something it can get tiresome when people ask the same question over and over when the only answer can ever be "done when its done" or "same as what we said before".
Though on the other side at least it lets the developer know people are excited for the product.

Hate to say it, but if they are only just releasing the product at date X, then will move directly to DLC (next income stream) and bug-fixing, then at that point dev tools may be another 3-6 months away before they get serious time.

And beyond very brief and basic info we don't even know if we will have really nice mod support or not, rFactor promised a lot but failed to deliver here. If AC team see's more value in producing high quality DLC and making money vs making high quality dev tools which will reduce the market for DLC and lose money, then I can see them going with the former...

As much as I feel your pain Shadow Explorer, I really wouldn't pin anything on AC right now from a modding POV. You might be waiting another year yet for even the first release, and decent mod stuff may never come or even be written out if a lucrative license deal crops up and changes their angle on modding!

I'd work on some great mods for games that are out now and you can make good mods for... pinning passions on AC is in my view a waste of your precious limited time to make great mods for us :D ;)

I just don't get why devs can't be more honest really. If it's now September, say September. If it suddenly becomes July, then change it back to July... what is the harm in that?

Like I said, start worrying when they offer pre-order DLC. That is when you know you are in for a long wait and very likely to have promised features starting to be cut :(

Dave

I wonder, why is it so hard to understand? - Spring 2013 -

When it gets delayed, we'll know soon enough. Anyway Kunos seems to be fair to the customers.

It's spring now :D

No AC.

No news of imminent release either.

I don't really care since I'm gonna err on the side of caution and expect it to be crap and late just like everything else people seem to make these days.

Then if it turns out to be good I can be genuinely excited rather than feel let down again :D

Dave

It's spring now :D

No AC.

No news of imminent release either.

I don't really care since I'm gonna err on the side of caution and expect it to be crap and late just like everything else people seem to make these days.

Then if it turns out to be good I can be genuinely excited rather than feel let down again :D

Dave
you are annoying, sorry to say it like that. And premature.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back