No rain career.

It's not only about the rain, but also about the amount of rain. Having almost every track have rain is not realistic and mostly annoying. Something that was supposed to be fixed in patch 2 wasn't.

But of course this doesn't stop people putting their personal preferences above others to make themselves feel superior.

It's not only about the rain, but also about the amount of rain. Having almost every track have rain is not realistic and mostly annoying. Something that was supposed to be fixed in patch 2 wasn't.

But of course this doesn't stop people putting their personal preferences above others to make themselves feel superior.

Aww bless. Did it it hurt? Wheres my tissues?:cry::cry: Nothing like a down trodden gamer.:notworthy:
I have now started my second 50% season and in the first season I had zero wet races and only 3 wet qualifying periods. It's random.

Have a problem on Abu Dabi circuit, with this mod, at 50% career, it's always sunny, and the night don't appear. What's it's the solution? Thank's!

Aww bless. Did it it hurt? Wheres my tissues?:cry::cry: Nothing like a down trodden gamer.:notworthy:
I have now started my second 50% season and in the first season I had zero wet races and only 3 wet qualifying periods. It's random.
It's not as random as you think. With as many as 18 races with rain it borders on ridiculousness. I'm not the only one making these reports, according to this thread and the many others over at CM's forums.

It's not as random as you think. With as many as 18 races with rain it borders on ridiculousness. I'm not the only one making these reports, according to this thread and the many others over at CM's forums.

Not like that for me. I'd say most are not affected.

Even if 18 out of 20 are rain that is the way of a truly random number generator. Most games lately when they say like something has a 50% chance it's actually probably biased a bit higher than that because true random can be a pain sometimes.
The thing is, talking to T4RG4 about this he mentioned it is not supposed to be random, but based on the track history of wet races and the probability of a wet race happening at that track during that period. Some tracks are not supposed to rain at all like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, both tracks which have had wet races in my careers so far.

Complètement débile ca! Je vois pas l'intéret de rouler sans jamais avoir de pluie les mecs. Je me souvient pas que dans la réalité les écurie appuie sur un bouton pour avoir le beau temp mdr :roflmao:.

Complètement débile ca! Je vois pas l'intéret de rouler sans jamais avoir de pluie les mecs. Je me souvient pas que dans la réalité les écurie appuie sur un bouton pour avoir le beau temp mdr :roflmao:.

Can you pleas post in english?

It's an english languaged forum.

Have a problem on Abu Dabi circuit, with this mod, at 50% career, it's always sunny, and the night don't appear. What's it's the solution? Thank's!
If the day to night transition is like last year than the transition is setup for 100% race length. I replaced the tod file in Abu Dhabi back to the original but haven't had a chance to test it. If that don't work and I replaced that file back to original than it may be something Codemasters messed up in one of the patches.
EDIT: I can confirm that the use of this mod at Abu Dhabi WILL PREVENT the day to night transition from happening. I did a test with the modded file and the original. With the original file at about 20 laps into it you can notice the sun is setting, by lap 24 there is a considerable difference in the lighting and the sun position, With the mod, by lap 23 its still the same brightness as it was in the beginning. I love the mod and has helped tremendously but that is the only fault I have found in it.

Good work Stainzor,
I tried everything in the database.bin but didn't succeed

So Far with your mod I had 1 race with rain in Catalunya. I have modified these files even futher so that Abu Dhabi Day to Night transition should work again (untested), and there is 0 percent change of rain all the way (bahrain still leaves a very slight change of rain in Stainzor's Files). This has been tested for 2 100% races.

You can get this at:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ukds39mdopiej5

EDIT: Tested for 3 more 100% races all sessions sunny not a cloud in the sky and more important no rain.
EDIT Tested for more 100% races now I am in first season and reached Japan still no clouds no rain
EDIT Tested for full season 100% still no clouds no rain and getting dark at UAE works!

Hello Stanizor SAN from Japan.
Thank you for sharing your mod.

I try to fix Abu Dhabi's tod.xml.

This tod.xml have different format from other tracks.(Decode by Ryder BXML Converter.exe)
I changed to "scenario name="scenario_dynamic" prob="0.0" "
Than a couple of check RACE MONITOR in "Quick Race" > "Long Weekend-Long Qualify" and a 100% final race run.

tod.xml = Rain26% avg (Codemastarts tod.xml)
tod.xml = Rain 0% avg (This test edited xml)
During final race No raining

I hope to help your mod brush up.
Thank you.

EDIT: Sjoerd's mod had same work. Thank you for your hard work.

Hello.
This Mod is "a must" for me too.
Once again, thanks for the development of this Mod, Stainzor :) !

Good work Stainzor,
I tried everything in the database.bin but didn't succeed

So Far with your mod I had 1 race with rain in Catalunya. I have modified these files even futher so that Abu Dhabi Day to Night transition should work again (untested), and there is 0 percent change of rain all the way (bahrain still leaves a very slight change of rain in Stainzor's Files). This has been tested for 2 100% races.

You can get this at:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ukds39mdopiej5

EDIT: Tested for 3 more 100% races all sessions sunny not a cloud in the sky and more important no rain.
EDIT Tested for more 100% races now I am in first season and reached Japan still no clouds no rain
EDIT Tested for full season 100% still no clouds no rain and getting dark at UAE works!

Thanks for sharing your file, Sjoerd :) !

Hello Stanizor SAN from Japan.
Thank you for sharing your mod.

I try to fix Abu Dhabi's tod.xml.

This tod.xml have different format from other tracks.(Decode by Ryder BXML Converter.exe)
I changed to "scenario name="scenario_dynamic" prob="0.0" "
Than a couple of check RACE MONITOR in "Quick Race" > "Long Weekend-Long Qualify" and a 100% final race run.

tod.xml = Rain26% avg (Codemastarts tod.xml)
tod.xml = Rain 0% avg (This test edited xml)
During final race No raining

I hope to help your mod brush up.
Thank you.

Thanks for the information, katuwo san :) !

The thing is, talking to T4RG4 about this he mentioned it is not supposed to be random, but based on the track history of wet races and the probability of a wet race happening at that track during that period. Some tracks are not supposed to rain at all like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, both tracks which have had wet races in my careers so far.

That's an interesting admission, that it's supposed to be based on track history of wet races and the proabaility of a wet race happening at a track during a certain period.

I've researched all the information on typical climate and rainfall, at each given month, for the location of each track, corresponding to the month the race is held in. A lot of what I found in the research doesn't correspond to what has been coded into the game with regards to weather conditions at each track at the time of the year the GP was held there.

What I've noticed from my rainfall and climate research of these locations and the corresponding months the GPs are held there, is that Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and also India (the region of India where the track is located) should have virtually a 0% chance of rain occuring during the race weekend for the months which GP races were held on these circuits in the year. The randomeness of rainfall factor at these 3 tracks should be removed from the game database alltogether.

At the next level would be Valencia, with about a 10% chance of rain at the time the GP was held there in 2012.

All other tracks should be coded with somewhere between 25-50% rain chance for the entire race weekend.

The big hitters, looking at the rainfall statistics for each location and month that the race was held, were Sao Paolo, Malaysia and Singapore (all in the tropics, no co-incidence). I believe that these 3 tracks should be coded with a 70-80% chance of getting rain sometime during a race weekend when playing the game.

Thanks for bumping this thread guys, I have had rain at Bahrain and Abu Dhabi without fail in at least one of the sessions in my career, either qualifying or the race proper. So a fix was needed from my point of view and here it is.

Thanks Stainzor for the original mod and Sjoerd for the fix for Abu Dhabi tod fix, so far so good just added the files and avoid a rain filled qualifying session at Abu Dhabi.

Great work. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, it works great ! Well done :). I can at last enjoy the game and do great times. Last but not least, it will never rain again in the middle of the desert. So, thanks again, your work is appreciate in France too ;).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%