No Radar App

Using VR I have no awareness of cars around me. I am driving the GT40 and the virtual mirror is far too high no matter the VR scale to be useful and if I set the virtual seat position to match my real one the external mirrors are not in the line of sight without turning the head, which in VR can be tricky at times. The inside monitor is the only resource, but the camera does not capture the cars when overlpapped and I am forced to look at the mirror or the actual car next to me.

Any suggestion to overcome all my fears?

I try Ross, but a pass is happening most of the time while driving at the edge and if I look somewhere else I loose my orientation. With Hell I know exactly how to handle the situation because I can judge difference in speed and distance while still focusing on my driving.

I guess I have to get used to it :)

I guess I have to get used to it :)
How long have you had it? I also found it a bit disorientating at first, which is kind of odd since many of us drive every day in real life! But after a few races I got used to it so don't even think about looking around now. I just do it as I do in RL, and it doesn't affect my driving for the most part.

Definitely give Crew Chief a try though. It's a brilliant app, much better than that radar thing for AC in my opinion.

Might have something to do with the fact you don't move your head nearly as much IRL as people using VR seem to, you simply move your eyes to look where you need to.
Maybe that's why I got used to it quickly, as in my case I actually tend to move my head more in RL. I drive a van with no rear or side windows. I need to move my head to check my nearside mirror, and also to check my blind spots before any manoeuvre.

I don‘t turn the head to check the external mirrors. Using the eyes is faster and safer because it keeps the head in the same axis of the car direction and the labyrinth doesn't have to readjust each time.

Anyway, thanks for the t300 tips in the other thread.

Van drivers don't use mirrors or check blind spots,you're doing it all wrong,Tell him @Kenny Paton :D:D.
giphy.gif

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back