PC1 No Proper Triple-Screen support Untill PCars2

Well I've been waiting for triple-screen support since I brought the game but looks like its not going to happen. Quote from a moderator on pcars forum -

Hi guys. I've been made aware of the results of this investigation.

"...to be clear, the game already supports the use of triple-screens. It's not best-of-class by any means but it certainly works well enough to be completely usable. The mentioned investigation was around enhancing the triple-screen support (per-screen reprojection, adjustable bezels, etc). We did investigate it thoroughly and the amount of changes required to the underlying system renders this unfeasible for Project CARS 1. We will implement enhanced support for Project CARS 2 for release, and it will be best-of-class."

Its a shame you would of thought any sim that needs triple-screen support would be a racing sim :rolleyes: and I think it would of looked amazing, but as it is it just looks horribly stretched out over the side screens and a big blurry mess, for me after awhile I get motion sickness so can not play for to long. A big disappointment just have to wait for Pcars2 :(

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

Ian Bell promised this on several occassions for PCars1. SMS got away with this lie for PCars1, but future shortcomings in developments will be subject to refunds on steam.
Lies? I dont think they originally lied ; just cant hold their promises. I fear what could come next ...

Its a shame you would of thought any sim that needs triple-screen support would be a racing sim :rolleyes:
It supports 3ple screen, just not properly

I saw Ian's reply so I just PM'd him also asking for a refund as this feature was promised for years. I find it a little hard to believe that they just discovered now that their game engine can't support it.
They knew. They just wanted your money. Probably promise it for Pcars 2 along with full pitstops, control of your car in the pits, full damage etc etc etc.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

How is promising something then not doing it not a lie?
Obviously you have a wrong definition of lies. If he would have lied then they would never had planned to support 3ple screen. Thats something different then when after a while you find out that its just too much of a change. It doesnt make the situation much better though, but its a huge difference after all. If you know a bit about game development than you know that some things never make it into release version or even into postrelease support - thats completely normal.
Again lie it would be if they would have never wanted to do the promised thing. Thats not the case here.

I saw Ian's reply so I just PM'd him also asking for a refund as this feature was promised for years. I find it a little hard to believe that they just discovered now that their game engine can't support it.
It can but it would be a huge modification (as they stated)

I don't think neuer31 ever intended to make any sense with his statement...his second comment in the same post is quite laughable, given the title of this thread.
MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated.
Agreed. Typical. :thumbsup:
MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously you have no idea what lies are. If he would have lied then they would never had planned to support 3ple screen. Thats something different then when after a while you find out that its just too much of a change. It doesnt make the situation much better, but its a huge difference after all. If you know a bit about game development than you know that some things never make it into release version or even into postrelease support - thats completely normal.
Again lie it would be if they would have never wanted to do the promised thing.

That's just about the silliest thing I've ever read. I know exactly what a lie is. If I tell my child that I'm taking him out for pizza and a movie tonight and then I don't, then I've lied. If my son were a consumer and I told him he'd have proper 3 screen racing and later on down the road told him he wouldn't, then he'd call me a liar and rightfully so. For the record, I have no axe to grind with SMS, I've bought the game and all the DLC, but they made a promise here and didn't follow up on it.

• Deleted member 113561

That's just about the silliest thing I've ever read. I know exactly what a lie is. If I tell my child that I'm taking him out for pizza and a movie tonight and then I don't, then I've lied. If my son were a consumer and I told him he'd have proper 3 screen racing and later on down the road told him he wouldn't, then he'd call me a liar and rightfully so. For the record, I have no axe to grind with SMS, I've bought the game and all the DLC, but they made a promise here and didn't follow up on it.
Youre definitely wrong. Lets take your example with the pizza and movie:
So on the way to the pizza you have an accident and are in hospital for 1 month. So obviously you lied?
Logical answer: No - you got in unexpected trouble. So what are you doing - you delay the task / promise to a later time.
Thats exactly what happend to the 3ple screen support in PCARS. I agree its bad that they cant fulfill it, but its not lying.

• Deleted member 113561

Comparing software issues to a car accident? I'm done. Welcome to the ignore list.

Cool that the Mod agrees with me :D

It's mind blowing to me that they let this happen. A game claiming to be one of the top sim racing titles that can't even support one of the most basic needs sim racers typically have. It may not be required to enjoy the game, but I think this is just an example of everything wrong with this game.

MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums.
Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated.
Cool that the Mod agrees with me :D

It appears that the mod does not agree with you hence all the mod edits to your posts in this thread.
You need to calm down, stop with the verbal abuse. You are getting far too animated. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

It appears that the mod does not agree with you hence all the mod edits to your posts in this thread.
You need to calm down, stop with the verbal abuse. You are getting far to animated. :rolleyes:
Lets show the users what you wrote me yesterday - and let them decide who is doing verbal abuse here and who needs to calm down (btw after i wrote the last msg in this conversation he changed the title and closed the conversation):
dfavyj4wxfhxexezg.jpg
So who insults other users here? Who brings no facts? Who is doing verbal abuse? And this is not the first time: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...impressions-review.112727/page-3#post-2121932 (and further along this thread other people experienced the same)! Btw youre the reason that the thread got closed ...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years