1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

No players in the new lobby

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Ted Pratt, May 2, 2011.

1. Been using RaceOn etc for a while. Purchased GT Legends from SimBin today and have at last got it working OK on Win7 64bit. This is the last hurdle:-
    Can select Multiplayer/Internet/<enter UsrName/Password> all works fine can connect OK but all
    I see is 3x RaceRoom On-Line servers (Ping 68) and 1x VdMRacing F250 GTO beta server (Ping 42). No players. In the top right hand pane (Players Online ). I can join these servers and race (by myself :), notmuch fun!) I can only see myself. Surely there must be several servers on-line with activity. Why cant I see them?

All help appreciated.

Ed

2. Hi there Ted. Its because we do not connect to the race on lobby we have one from a lobby that was setup when they shut the last one down.

Here is a link (Click me) with a guide on how to use the lobby fix and then you should be good to go bud :)

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Any particular reason why the 'fixed' lobby is used now there is an official one again? Only available to the newer versions?

4. Would not know Dave bud its up to RD to change over to the new one. You would have to ask Stu. But then I think we are better off where we are as not many public use it so not many twits punting people off the track :)

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Childish dispute between the "owner" of the old lobby and the "owner" of the new lobby it seems. Makes no sense that something simple as a lobby splits the new and old community in two parts.

6. That's just silly. So much for simbin wanting to bring us all to one place. Oh well at lest we have a good bunch at RD to race :)

7. I think we should go back to the official lobby if we can, the replays are all screwed in the new lobby system.

8. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Was thinking the same thing. I remember the replays were fine when the original lobby was running

9. I wonder what makes the replay stuff up on the lobby you would think it would be that same no matter what. The upside would be we could have season 8 brodcast and that would be cool :)

10. Thats great Wayne, many thanks for all that info. All working OK now. Look forward to meeting you all on-line soon.
    Just love the "real" Mini in GTL, take me back to my youth, actually owned a 1340 Cooper S. Fond memories :)

All the Best Ted

11. Your welcome Ted any time :)

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

It might well be better to get back onto the Simbin lobby, tbh.

What is the ip / DNS for the official one? Same as it used to be back in the dim and distant?

I'll have a go on there, see what's what.

13. Well i looked at the lobby when i installed the game this morning, Deserted of course lol

14. well i wont change the lobby yet then if your maybe going to go back to the original one

15. It's just a plain ol' .txt file, nothing major. Change it, and join the race tonight perhaps? :letsgoracing:

16. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I thought that link from Wayne was how to get onto the one we currently use, isn't it?

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

We'll carry on with the events on the current server for a while - going over to the other server might mean some registration issues for people, so I'll make an announcement way ahead of switchover, so no-one gets left behind.

We'll stay on the current one for the immediate future, including tonight.

18. It is, but there's been talk here of going back to the official one, so Nick decided not to change it I guess.

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

OK I think we are getting a bit muddled here.

Nick, you should change to the fixed lobby, because we won't be going back to the "old" lobby before say, start of June.

I was going to do some testing between the Current and New lobbies - so I was just checking the ip or DNS name of the "New" (which is actually the "Old") lobby.