No pit stops in v1.0

Alen Pecanin

Premium
if there wont be pit stops in v 1.0, will it be possible to set tire wear to 0? and the same for fuel, so we can race in 100 years without a stop? Also if it will be available in lets say 1.1 or 2.0 or what the next version will be called, will this be a DLC that we have to pay for? or will the DLC stuff just be cars and tracks? so that the pit stop feature is a normal track?

What is long race for you guys? :)

In 90's Formula 1 where doing the whole grand prix without any pit stop, it was 1h30 race, and not consider as endurance.

Prost vs Senna, best formula 1 era for me .

What is long race for you guys? :)

In 90's Formula 1 where doing the whole grand prix without any pit stop, it was 1h30 race, and not consider as endurance.

Prost vs Senna, best formula 1 era for me .
Back in the 60's on Ply-Bias they were doing over 2h30 with no tyre change (no fuel either), but yeah, they weren't exactly on slicks :p

It depends a lot I'd say, pitstops are an addon for a few series but a lot of them need them 100%

did you read the whole article ;)
It's about pit stop not used but some exeception where they managed to win with it ;)
Yes i´ve read it. But you said "pit stops were not used"
Obviously if you read it yourself you would realize that´s not true.

Pit stops have been used since the beginning, which you can read in the article you posted.

Just to remind you,
Pit stop were allowed for sure, but not used.
In 90's Formula 1 where doing the whole grand prix without any pit stop

I don't know how to read that.. is that sarcastic ? .. because yes, I think it will be the best when it comes out :D

Be prepared for disappointment then. There will be alot of "goodies" missing when AC is first released. Kunos is a small team with limited funds.

P.S Call me a hater all you want but FACT is I'm a huge fan of Kunos. I've had a netkar license for a long time and still today I enjoy doing laps with netkar.

Well, the tone you used was not very manner, like you said it's a small team, so why bashing them they will not realease a polished game when they say the opposite, they want to reduce numbers of features to offer a polished game.

Judging by size, Kunos can be considered an "indie" dev team, so I imagine no one is actually expecting something big from the first release, me in particular, am interested in the engine itself and how easy/hard it is to mod the game. After the first release, even if there isn't much content, the community can make the game grow by themselves, if it's true that the game is completely modular then it certainly can grow to be much bigger than some other more expensive sims.

I have driven in more than enough leagues without pitstops and the racing was still very nice. For me its not an essential part of racing. Only vital to use it for endurance series really.
No Pit stops in Netkar, too..
Doesnt matter, drive to the pits, press change tire und refuel, and continue driving...

I guess none of you had any really good races over 10 minutes in a sim like rFactor? Just last week I did an rFactor 2 race and the pitstop was the DIRECT difference between me coming in at 2nd and 5th. Furthermore, unlike the misguided theory of "drive to the pits, press change tire and fuel, continue driving" I managed my pit in a way as to get just enough fuel to hopefully finish the race and take a chance and continue on the current tires which got me in and out right where I need to be. And it wasn't an endurance race either. Not anywhere close to an endurance race but it certainly was more than 15 minutes.

Then there's getting to the pit as fast as you can while NOT speeding in them once you get there.

I cast my voice with those who say just hold up on releasing this and get pits implemented. I just can't see in 2012, soon to be 2013 having a "quality sim" and not having pits.

I guess none of you had any really good races over 10 minutes in a sim like rFactor? Just last week I did an rFactor 2 race and the pitstop was the DIRECT difference between me coming in at 2nd and 5th. Furthermore, unlike the misguided theory of "drive to the pits, press change tire and fuel, continue driving" I managed my pit in a way as to get just enough fuel to hopefully finish the race and take a chance and continue on the current tires which got me in and out right where I need to be. And it wasn't an endurance race either. Not anywhere close to an endurance race but it certainly was more than 15 minutes.

Then there's getting to the pit as fast as you can while NOT speeding in them once you get there.

I cast my voice with those who say just hold up on releasing this and get pits implemented. I just can't see in 2012, soon to be 2013 having a "quality sim" and not having pits.

Where is the problem of pressing every button by yourself ?
I see absolutely no problem in this.
So many people have no problem with this but of course there has to be people who see this as an absolute "no go".

If you are not able to change your tires and refuel manually then you should spend your time with rfactor where pit stops are more important then incredible high details and a state of the art physics, etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.2%