No more wet F1 races in the future?

I can see this causing severe erosion problems under the concrete.
ss-130301-sinkhole-tease-123p.jpg

Sinkholes explained :)

I can see this causing severe erosion problems under the concrete.
They must have to put some sort of water management system underneath. The problem in Ireland is roads sink constantly, this stuff would only speed up the process.

ss-130301-sinkhole-tease-123p.jpg

Sinkholes explained :)
hahaha
They must have to put some sort of water management system underneath. The problem in Ireland is roads sink constantly, this stuff would only speed up the process.
Here in the my area of the states, they use a hard clay base, then add a minimum of 4" of rock (can vary depending on how thick the concrete is and what it will be used for) on top of geo-textile fabric. The water is normally routed to drain into catch basins or storm drains, so it will be interesting to see how they plan on moving the water once its under the concrete instead of on top. Sorry about your roads :p

Here in the my area of the states, they use a hard clay base, then add a minimum of 4" of rock (can vary depending on how thick the concrete is and what it will be used for) on top of geo-textile fabric. The water is normally routed to drain into catch basins or storm drains, so it will be interesting to see how they plan on moving the water once its under the concrete instead of on top. Sorry about your roads :p
Ya, we do none of that stuff. We prefer to constantly repair (and by repair, I mean make worse) sinking sections. A lot of Ireland is bog land so our roads are totally inadequate for the environment.

I remember seeing some video on guys doing road works in America and it was so different. They were pulling up an asphalt road not because there was anything wrong with it but because they have a policy of resurfacing the road every couple of years. You'd never get anything like that in Ireland. I would say many country roads in Ireland where planned in the bronze age and just constantly updated up until modern times.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back