1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No manual shifting. No reverse. How about mentioning that?

Discussion in 'GRID Autosport' started by Sk3ptik0n, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Had I known this absolute joke of a game was built on the Mario Kart engine, I would not have bothered.

It's shameful. Doesn't even have proper FFB. But no manual shifting? And they have the balls to call this a "quasi sim"? What planet are codemasters at? And how difficult it would have been to insert manual shifting in the game?

If I wanted to have the game shifting for me I would have simply taken my POS of a car around the block a couple of times.

That's it for me with Codies. They have absolutely no shame. I could have given my money to the drunk at the corner store, at least he would have had fun with it.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Turns out there is shifting after all, but so far I found no way to map it.

But the driving is among the most unrealistic I have tried in a long time. I can almost feel the car (no aids) being driven by someone else. You really have to go way out of the envelope for these cars to break traction, and when they do it turns into a beautiful powerslide where in reality you would simply crash the car and wear down your tires as if you were racing on sandpaper.

This makes F1 2013 look like a true sim.
  3. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Are you playing with a wheel? I have a Fanatec CSR and I too thought the open wheelers were not curable at first, but the more I tinkered (kind of like F1) the better it got...now to the point where it "almost" feels like F1. That "out of body" experience you have had may be due to camera shake, which people are not used to, but it's very real. You can turn it off or down.

I can give you my settings if you think it will help. Also, with the open wheelers, you have to be able to tune them and then go to extremes with the numbers, not unlike F1 2012.
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Sector3 Beta Tester Premium Member

Looking in controls/edit or mapping might help I have everything setup just like all my other games.
    If your using a wheel try setting everything in vibrations to 50-60% I've never played a game that didn't induce clipping over 80% FFb so I doubt code master has broken through in that field :)
    Being based on older gen tech like the 360 iam gonna assume the wheel should be set to a 270-360 degree mine is at 360 with everything currently set at 50% and for what the game is....an arcadish sim I found lightening it allowed for a lot of subtle effects to come through giving me enough information about what the cars doing.
    I use a fanatec gt3 rsv2 and also used drift 1 and spring 1 on wheel
    The main thing is finding a proper degree anything above 360 felt odd like someone was trying to control the car against me.
    One thing that throws me off a bit is there is no tire scrubbing sound and it seems there is a delay in the skidding when it kicks in, doesn't match the FFb correctly
    Granted this is soley feedback from driving the touring cars
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

For some reason, this game requires a lot of Force Feedback. But my preference is high anyway. People could be comfortable in your range on my setup too.

I found the magic number with the Sen setting. It's "off" so it maps the radius perfectly. With the dri and spr adjusted, it's bone straight yet responsive in the turns.
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Thrustmaster T500 wheel and g25 shifter with working manual shifting, but no 7th gear and no clutch
    so i have 2 input devices connected and being recognised.

Edit 17/07/2014
    We have a working clutch guys on the T500RS
    you can miss shift if it not pressed correctly
    time to heal and toe....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  7. Reaper

Premium Member

Mapped shifting to my G25 pedals without issue. Haven't driven anything with 7 gears yet though. My steering is incredibly heavy though.