No Luck With Mods

Hi there,

Before I am slaughtered, I have read the stickies.

Huge lover of the Race Series I have Race, Race 07 & Race On and love the look of some of the mods, particuarly the BTCC 1998 one.

I downloaded the BTCC 98 mod from here and extracted it to my Race 07 folder - although the folders all go in and are visible, there is nothing once I go in game, no menu option for BTCC 98 and no cars. I have downloaded a couple of tracks in the past and they went in fine.

What am I doing wrong?

The version I am using is Race 07 Offline as I wasn't a fan of steam.

Am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks for your help, I'd be so grateful if I can get this running.

Also a final question - do the mods work in Race On too, or simply Race 07. It's no problem as I have all 3 games installed seperately!

Cheers

James

As long as the mods don't specifically state that they need cars or tracks from a specific version of Race07 or one of the expansion packs, the mods should work for them all as they all call the same game with just a different GUI. As for the mod not working, what windows are you running and where exactly are you installing the mod? What is the path to your race07 folder?

I downloaded it as well, just to check (and to drive the Primera around, since I drove a primera myself around 1998 :).

Works perfect for me. I do use the online steam variant. Did the same you did, just extracted the files in the race07 folder.

You could try to extract the file once more. Just to see if it has extracted all the files needed. Otherwise I don't know why it doesnt work.

I did the same as Marco, checked it on Steam version and it works.
No time for the moment, but I'll check it soon on my other offline install with only Race 07 and GTR Evo ... If it also works there, we'll have to check the reason why it doesn't for you ...

Do you have GTR Evo ? Did you place the files at the good place ?

With GTR Evo offline, you have to place the files in C:\Program Files\SimBin\GTR Evolution Offline.
Of course I cannot try with Race 07 offline only without GTR Evo, as I have it !

Took 5 minutes to try it as said above: installed in offline mode and it works.

Maybe is GTR Evo required to make it work: indeed if it is so, the Readme doesn't say it.
Maybe it works without Evo and your files are not copied at the right place.

I never extract a mod directly in the right folder, but always extract it in a Temp folder on desktop to move the files manually to their place of destination ... so I know what I'm doing and sure the files are going to the right place without modifying something else.

I have the same as Jean-Pierre. Also have GTR Evo installed, so can not see what it does without.

Did you compare the files in the downloaded files, to the ones in the installation directory? Then you should know if all installed well.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back