No Licenses for the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Hello,

Sorry for not being able to deliver licenses at the moment. There have been some serious problems and I am working on getting things back up and running as soon as possible. It may still take a few more days before I can get the license generation side of things running again.

Sorry for the delays.

My problems started with a RootKit virus that could not be removed and that had infected the BTB website and several hard drives. (I should have listened and not kept using IE6!!)

After many attempts to remove the virus using different tools I eventually gave up and ordered a new hard drive with the plan to reinstall Windows and continue afresh.

Unfortunately the new hard drive gave up after a few days use and I am going through the motions of getting it replaced.

In the meantime I went back to the old virus-infected hard drive, but this hasn’t turned out well either. It appears that the virus checker has disabled the RootKit virus, albeit in a drastic fashion; the hard drive no longer boots at all.

Whilst I keep regular backups of the BTB source, I didn’t keep a copy of the latest license generation software key. This means I can’t get the licenses generated until I get access to the hard drive, hence this may take a few more days to sort out.

Again I apologise for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal again within a few days.

Regards,
Brendon.

Brendon, no problem on my side as I hope for all involved users... we'll wait time you need to give us the chance to start again new tracks made using your great BTB!
And personally, I hope to have the chance to use version 0.9 asap!!
Good luck mate,
Marco

You must be kidding, I just paid through paypall and now I'm reading that there's a problem with licenses, not great. Any idea when it will be functional again?

Just to clarify: I paid as you and I cannot work on tracks since 2 months because of the old way to license didn't work correctly under Windows Seven. I'm also waiting for reactivating the new beta 0.9 license, but I know that Brendon is not playing but he is working hardly for us.
Only one thing I can say about his behaviour: no answers to personal emails in this last months... but it takes time and he is alone.

To boot again

is a temporary solution to get access to the hard drive

Boot with the XP installation CD.
When prompted, press R to repair a Windows XP installation.
If repairing a host with multiple operating systems, select the appropriate one (XP) from the menu. If you have only one operating system, enter 1 to select it.
Enter the administrator password if prompted.
To fix the MBR, use the following command:
fixmbr
This assumes that your installation is on the C:\ drive. You will be presented with several scary warning lines the reading of which will make you want to say no. Microsoft is exceptionally vague regarding the conditions under which fixmbr can cause problems although they are clear about the consequences (losing all data on the hard drive), so use this at your own risk :(.
Type y and ENTER to fix the MBR.
Type exit to leave the recovery console and reboot.

I hope to have the chance to use version 0.9 asap!!

To mirror that comment.. After you have these issues sorted with registration approx when will v0.9 be time frame wise ?? Next month or 2 ? Only ask as I myself have a new machine and would like to use a license on the new version when it's available.

Good luck also on the HDD's and it's a good thing you back up regularly.. :)

@Radar: not sure to have understood you answer... about the date of release for new version I think only Brendon can say... anyway before Christmas (and before these last accidents), on my side I can say the new version was stable both XP, Vista and Seven 64 bit and also the new license system worked fine. Only few problems to be fixed just about opening older tracks, but believe to me, the new version features will push BTB to TheNewStateOfTheArt!

Thats what I'm hanging out for Marcobost 'TheNewStateOfTheArt'..

Yeah was just asking Brendon if he had an approx on the time frame for v0.9 seeing as the beta was some time ago now.. Hope the feedback was good for him to look at a release on v0.9 in the coming few months.

@Radar: not sure to have understood you answer... about the date of release for new version I think only Brendon can say... anyway before Christmas (and before these last accidents), on my side I can say the new version was stable both XP, Vista and Seven 64 bit and also the new license system worked fine. Only few problems to be fixed just about opening older tracks, but believe to me, the new version features will push BTB to TheNewStateOfTheArt!

Please don't tease me like that :veryhappy: Waiting new version impatiently

I can say you this: I have Windows 7 and beta tested v0.9...and I never succeed to run BTB. It crash before startup and I communicate with Brendon but he don't know why it crash and didn't solve the issue. So, I'm afraid about BTB future versions...

I can say you this: I have Windows 7 and beta tested v0.9...and I never succeed to run BTB. It crash before startup and I communicate with Brendon but he don't know why it crash and never solve the issue. So, I'm afraid about BTB future versions...
I knew 2 persons were using Seven 64bit and Brendon made 2 different exe files other than the first one to test them and 1 worked correctly (on my side). But it was done to test the new license... We have only to wait for news, I'm sure that Brendon will solve this thing!

LOL.

So... you have the intelligence to code a .NET program that can design complex rFactor tracks...

...but you order a brand new hard disk when you get a virus, instead of formatting it?

Can you say FAIL.

So... you have the intelligence to code a .NET program that can design complex rFactor tracks...

...but you order a brand new hard disk when you get a virus, instead of formatting it?

Can you say FAIL.
I'm just wondering where you would store the data from the drive your formatting?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back