1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

No hotkeys for tyre selection on keyboard

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Niagara, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am a newbie and encounter a problem in career mode. I play F1 2012 PC version.
    In short: I use my keyboard to drive into game.
    My problem is : When I need to change tyres for whatever reason - Wet, used ...- I have no programed hotkeys to ask and choose tyres before or into pit.
    On the manual its only shown the use of a pad or a steering wheel, so, How to ask and change tyres when in game with my Keyboard ?
    Thanks to help me.
    Sorry for my horrible English... :)

2. I used to use a keyboard for F1 2011 until last week I got a wheel so I can sympathize :)

You should be able to go into the settings where you assign various keys to different functions. I believe there are 4 options called D-pad left/right/up/down (or something like that I can't check right now). I just had them assigned to 4 keys like I/J/K/L that form an arrow-key like shape. Then in a race push one of them and the menu for brake bias, tires and fuel with pop up.

3. Thanks very much for response Emppu, I did not realize I can customize these controls and the manual is no help.
    I will check if that works for me (Why not ?), and I let you know the results.

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

It is definitely in the controller settings.

I think they default the keyboard to 1,2,3,4.

If you play FPS games, you might prefer WSAD, but you can choose what you want for sure.

5. Thanks for suggestions, It worked perfectly now. I use WSAD. :)
    At first, they were not assigned at all...