No handbrake on certain cars?

Hey RBR racers... I'm planning on coming back to a few select rounds of RDRC and I've been trying out all the cars. I've found one thing somewhat peculiar... when I drive certain cars... lets say the Lada 112 TMS from the A6k pack. I can use the handbrake. However, when I try the Toyota AE86, no matter how many times i press the handbrake there doesn't seem to be any. Is this normal?

Do certain cars just don't have the handbrake or is this a glitch that I need to fix?

I feel your irritation if you're STILL struggling with this I'm sorry. What I've found out is yes, all cars have handbrakes in assetto, but some only have a handbrake strong enough to hold you still on a launch but not really even slow you down when moving. (Audi Sport S1 E2) I tried to increase the handbrake torque (btw which is never in the front who tf started that) from 100 to 1000 and it then would skid a tire when moving and turning but barely. My hypothesis is that when cars have a locked center diff they will not lock the rear tires. I'm going to try this on a RWD (probably the Ferrari 458) Yuuuuup I wassss right. If you want a handbrake you gotta get the Assetto Corsa Car Tuner and make a new tune for any car, stock or not and got to advanced and go into brakes.ini and change the handbrake torque (in my case with the ferrari the max torque on the brakes were 3500 and the handbrake was 800 or something so i match it with the 3500 and now it works perfect! Mod it up my dude!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back