XB1 No game should be sold in this state!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own AC for the PC and have just bought the XBox version after hearing that launch issues had been fixed with upgrade 1.03. I had a very unpleasant surprise. Graphics are extremely poor, with annoying glitches and defects, and there are constant screen rate drops even in practice mode with no AI cars around. These drops are so frequent and intense that look like mini-lockups, making it impossible to drive. On top of that, I get a constant large warning on top of the screen, which cannot be closed, informing that the server could not be contacted (even in offline mode).

It is somewhat understandable to have game bugs with the PC, given the diversity of hardware, but certainly not with a console, where testing conditions are always the same, and particularly not when those are not occasional bugs, but permanent flaws. It's no wonder that in online mode all servers are empty. This is by no means a game that should be sold in the state it is right now.

I am trying to get a refund with Microsoft, but I am writing this as a warning to other users: if you know AC from the PC, don't expect anything even close. The console version is unplayable.

Last edited:
I fully agree, but certainly not with the current console incarnation of Assetto Corsa (or Project Cars, for that matter), which are so awful that they are more likely to scare people away for good.
I'd rather play a technically sound Forza than an Assetto Corsa in shambles.
I've never played AC on consoles, so can't comment on the quality, however looking at threads like this one and users' feedback there must be something fundamentally wrong with console AC.

My comments were the answer to a statement that "sim-racing should be PC only and consoles are a waste of money".

Things that make AC poor are in the PC version also though? Same with some of the issues in PCars are in the PC version, unless it's all about the shiny pretty graphics on PC.....

The excuse used is "shudda gotta PC bro", which is frankly absurd as this game was marketed at the consoles mass market, the fact they messed it up isn't MS or Sonys fault, i very much doubt either would of cared or be worrying were Kunos to of not bothered releasing it for consoles.

Things that make AC poor are in the PC version also though?
I own both versions and I would say AC does deliver what it proposes to deliver on the PC (although simwise I like AMS much better, but that is just a matter of opinion). This is what led me to buy the console version in the first place, and it also explains why I was so hugely disappointed. I don't know about the PS4 version, but in the Xbox it is simply a broken game.

Explain how its broken as the career is the same as on the PC with both XBOX and PS4, and the graphics look pretty similar on each and the trackside trees and architecture etc etc, regards the the actual physics and FFB that is the same as PC so where is only the console side 'broke'?

Explain how its broken as the career is the same as on the PC with both XBOX and PS4, and the graphics look pretty similar on each and the trackside trees and architecture etc etc, regards the the actual physics and FFB that is the same as PC so where is only the console side 'broke'?

You already know the answer to this as you've pointed these things out several times, but I'll recap for you. Off the top of my head, you can't set track temps, you can't select specific cars you want to race against, there's no wheel calibration wizard (how many times have you harped on this?), you can't map buttons on your wheel, you can't customize your controller layout, you can't create private lobbies, you can't adjust the FFB on each car, the AI still seems to be a bit unbalanced. Sounds pretty broken to me. I'm sure most of these things can and will be fixed or added in the future, but until then it can be described as broken.

You already know the answer to this as you've pointed these things out several times, but I'll recap for you. Off the top of my head, you can't set track temps, you can't select specific cars you want to race against, there's no wheel calibration wizard (how many times have you harped on this?), you can't map buttons on your wheel, you can't customize your controller layout, you can't create private lobbies, you can't adjust the FFB on each car, the AI still seems to be a bit unbalanced. Sounds pretty broken to me. I'm sure most of these things can and will be fixed or added in the future, but until then it can be described as broken.

OK so you're saying console version is broken, so KUNOS released a broken game to the public? They just did a money grab on us then?
The game is playable on console so IMO it's not 'broken' it just needs certain elements adding but the base game is the same as PC version Brandon. With friends like you KUNOS don't need any enemies, saying they sold broken game!! well done you.
Game is running fine for me on PS4, the career is rubbish in PC version and console version and the bad track side graphics are the same as consoles. It's not the running of it thats bad its the general feel of the game, in fact parts of the console games are a lot more polished than the PC.

OK so you're saying console version is broken, so KUNOS released a broken game to the public?

Yep, for the most part, by most reports, at the moment large portions of it seem to broken/missing/incomplete/whatever you want to call it. Just like GT5, GT6, PCars, and Driveclub were when they were released. Yet they all turned out fine eventually, didn't they?

They just did a money grab on us then?

So by that logic your precious PCars was just a money grab since it was released in a similar or worse state than AC. Yet I don't see you claiming PCars was a money grab? Why is that? They just broke 2 million copies, that is one serious money grab (by your logic)! Where's those driver swaps that were promised? Did you ever get those promised fully animated pit crews?
Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 1.45.00 PM.png

Yeah, total money grab, right??

With friends like you KUNOS don't need any enemies, saying they sold broken game!! well done you.

Ha, just browse a few AC threads on here and you'll see much, much, much worse things said about AC. I've had many positive interactions with Kunos and Stefano, thank you. Saying it's current state is broken is not declaring that the game will forever and always be broken. It's not like I'm going all over the internet telling people it was all just a big money grab. And I'm also aware (and regularly emphasize) that the game will be improved with patches. Just like GT5/6 were, just like PCars was, just like Driveclub was.

Game is running fine for me on PS4, the career is rubbish in PC version and console version and the bad track side graphics are the same as consoles. It's not the running of it thats bad its the general feel of the game, in fact parts of the console games are a lot more polished than the PC.

Have you ever played AC on PC? Not sure what you mean by bad track side graphics as they look quite fine on my system. Surely you're aware that all PCs have different configurations and some will look great and some will look not great.

Yep, for the most part, by most reports, at the moment large portions of it seem to broken/missing/incomplete/whatever you want to call it. Just like GT5, GT6, PCars, and Driveclub were when they were released. Yet they all turned out fine eventually, didn't they?

So by that logic your precious PCars was just a money grab since it was released in a similar or worse state than AC. Yet I don't see you claiming PCars was a money grab? Why is that? They just broke 2 million copies, that is one serious money grab (by your logic)! Where's those driver swaps that were promised? Did you ever get those promised fully animated pit crews?
View attachment 157942

Ha, just browse a few AC threads on here and you'll see much, much, much worse things said about AC. I've had many positive interactions with Kunos and Stefano, thank you. Saying it's current state is broken is not declaring that the game will forever and always be broken. It's not like I'm going all over the internet telling people it was all just a big money grab. And I'm also aware (and regularly emphasize) that the game will be improved with patches. Just like GT5/6 were, just like PCars was, just like Driveclub was.

Have you ever played AC on PC? Not sure what you mean by bad track side graphics as they look quite fine on my system. Surely you're aware that all PCs have different configurations and some will look great and some will look not great.

But you are the one saying KUNOS released and sold a broken game mate, not me.... by YOUR logic it must of been a money grab on the console as like you have said, it's broken.

Me personally i don't think its broken on consoles its just not that great a sim on console or PC for various reasons. It's pretty good but in places it is left wanting IMO.
I'll be sure to post over your 'broken' post over on the official forum Brandon.
You trawl the internet Brandon defending the game yet call it 'broken'.. go figure... in your opinion KUNOS knowingly gave us a broken game and went ahead anyway and took pre ordered and sold season passes.... if its a broken game in your opinion do you think thats OK?

And why do you have tp drag PCars inot the debate? It's over a year old now and took a hell of a lot of flack but its done now, it's over no more updates or DLC so no point going over that anymore, i still play the game a lot as its good enough and it cost me £20 and i've done 840 hours on it! For £20 thats a lot of game....

Your broken Brandon, like a broken record...

And with that we've come to a conclusion of the debate.

Phew, this looked messy.

So let's recap:

We've come to no plausible conclusion other than discussions and discussions.

The game has problems and that is being addressed/will be addressed down the line. Unfortunately, this is becoming a standard in the gaming industry. Tell me a triple A, high selling game lately that didn't have a day 1 patch in the consoles?

I don't have the game on consoles as I barely have money to spend now and Final Fantasy XV is coming around the corner and for me that's the biggest priority now. So don't take me an expert in this matter.

So while the current situation of AC not all that great right now, I think the devs are competent enough to put the game in a much finer state. It all takes time the process.

Therefore can we stop pointing fingers towards one another, trying to stir the pot, have a sensible talk, because the last thing I want if a bunch of people looking kitty cats scratching each other out just because you to have the cotton bowl all to you.

And I won't dwell in the money grabbing debate and blah blah blah. I'm just here to moderate the thread.

#ps: That wasn't a pun.

I assume the main issue is that consoles are more and more like computers, which means that like computers, no 2 are the same (mostly software-wise, but the hardware also varies) and devs can't actually debug things for 100% of systems any more than they can on PC.

However, people still believe that consoles offer a universal experience, so when they see something affecting their console, they assume everyone gets the same thing and thus call the game broken.

If someone says the game works fine for them, why not just believe them? Sure, it'd be nice to have it work for 100% of people, but that's hardly Kunos's fault.

View attachment 157942

I dont think anyone needs to use 'logic' to make the point you are trying to prove here.

It is quite apparent based solely on Ian Bell's own words. When asked why they are working on Pcars 2 instead of 'finishing' Pcars 1...

ian bell money.PNG

So, he is literally saying his next game is a cash grab.

But, nothing wrong with that. Video games is a business like any other. And if the developer watns to make money, they can try. Whether their games will be bought from consumer unfriendly policies is another matter.

As for the AC console version, it sounded better in theory than the execution so far. There are some things that are mandatory in console games, and they are lacking in AC as you already mentioned. Rebindable buttons is a pretty big one.

The game is just very sloppy and rough around the edges. It can be fixed and improved with future updates, but I doubt everything that can make the game better will be added. Kunos has added a lot of community requests to the PC version though, so there is always a chance here.

On that point though. Kunos. Y u no have rebindable keys on PC?!?!? This is a PC game, why am I limited because I cant rebind the keys how I want, and in some cases NEED to. I have a tenkeyless keyboard (without the num pad on the right) and I literally cannot use certain key functions because they dont exist on my keyboard, and there is simply no way to rebind them. When asked about this, the response is always...

That said, for all its faults and nit picks, the driving feel is still unrivaled for me. And that after all, is what is most enjoyable about sim racing for me.

Because no one can ever like something and still be critical of certain aspects of the thing they like... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
So you remove the whole post but allow Brandon to slander SMS and Ian Bell?
He's just been pulled up on GTplanet for slagging off Ian Bell and PCars yet at the same time saying how perfect Kunos are.
It's fine because he uses his real name he is easily found all over the internet..

So you remove the whole post but allow Brandon to slander SMS and Ian Bell?
He's just been pulled up on GTplanet for slagging off Ian Bell and PCars yet at the same time saying how perfect Kunos are.
It's fine because he uses his real name he is easily found all over the internet..
I removed your post because you were namecalling and OT. Critisizing a person or his opinion is one thing, but your post was over the line and against TOS.
There's really not much more to it.

No sounds like i know he's the same person slagging off SMS and Ian Bell as he uses the same name everywhere. Derrrrrr.

So what? It's a bit childish isn't it? I use my real name on all the forums I frequent too. I'm not afraid to do that. Oh and I will happily slag SMS and Bell off too because they/he deserve it in my opinion. Happy now? Feel free to cyber stalk me old chap. ;):thumbsup:

So what? It's a bit childish isn't it? I use my real name on all the forums I frequent too. I'm not afraid to do that. Oh and I will happily slag SMS and Bell off too because they/he deserve it in my opinion. Happy now? Feel free to cyber stalk me old chap. ;):thumbsup:

Well point is old chap, which your are failing to grasp as your hard of thinking, is simply that Brandon is happy to spout his mouth off about SMS and PCars yet dare you suggest anything is up with kunos on GTplanet he gets people banned.
Then comes on here and slags off AC and kunos?!
The man has a mental issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline