1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No formation lap this year

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Lee_95, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Spoke to Andy Gray via Twitter and he confirmed no formation lap this year.

Lee9595 Lee Marsh

@AndyGray_ I've heard that the formation lap is not included in #F12011. Can you please confirm or deny this. Also, can you create a team ??

AndyGray_ Andy Gray @

@Lee9595 there is no formation lap this year
  2. sucks
  3. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Crap gimmick. No big deal.
  4. i like the formation lap its make the game more real!....and you can warm up your tires now you can´t so iff you start on medium ore hard you don´t have warmed up tires and i hate that!
  5. The only thing the formation lap would be is a nice addition. I've played F1 06. and the formation lap was just boring. You people ask for everything but at the end of the day the race is what matters the most. So enjoy in what they are giving to us.
  6. Andy has just told me the formation lap is on the future list

AndyGray_ Andy Gray @

@Lee9595 it's on the list for the future
  7. All these ppl that are saying 'this sucks' .... well you suck for expecting to much!! 2011 looks like a great improvement over what i consider to be a sucessful 2010 game. Try to be a bit more appreciative.
  8. Hell will freeze over before people become appreciative :p shame really
  9. I don't even want a formation lap. I remember it on F1CE and it was boring as arse, I just wanted to race. There is no way you'd be able to create your own team, this isn't GRID.
  10. I wouldn't like a "formation lap".... In F1 2010 during practice and qualifying I never drive onto the track.
  11. properly heating the tyres can be a big advantage. i'm sure the FL will be optional [like SC]
  12. why you play the game then? what is so fun to do only raceing? i think you wil suck a lot iff you gonne play f1 2011 cause it has more understeer and the AI is mutch better;) but thats every 1 own choice;)
  13. No it won't be in. It's been confirmed. He said it may be in a future F1 game though
  14. Hasn't that been the point of all f1 games? Racing? How dumb do you have to be to not realise that?
  15. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

Formation lap a waste of time, but a victory lap would be cool and drive in to park ferme.
  16. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Formation Lap would be a crap gimmick, driving into Parc Ferme after the race would be pretty cool though
  17. Knowing me I would miss an apex during my victory lap and take it into a wall
  18. Well that's one way to celebrate by wrecking the car. Reminds me when Ralf Schumacher retired from F1 at the end of the 2007 season (I think or it was 2008) by having his team set his car on fire at the end of the race in Brazil.