1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Force Feedback. Help!!

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Tobias Samuelsson, Aug 22, 2011.

1. I have a huge problem with my wheel. I have no FFB at all. even though i have it in settings and all. It comes back sometimes but just for a short time. When i played before it worked perfectly but since i reinstalled windows and everything on my computer it's messed up.
    Maybe I have the wrong driver. I have a Logitech Driving Force wheel. Originally for PS2 but it workes with the right driver. What driver should I use? I now have the driver for the Driving Force GT wheel. Only that FFB don't work :(
  2. I am not 100% sure but I belive that it is the same driver as the DFGT so it should work...does the wheel "autocenter" when you turn on your computer or unplug the wheel and then plug it back in ?
  3. No its not :(
  4. I know its easy to suspect software/driver/PC issues, but make sure your power supply connector is on properly, or isnt showing signs the connectors/wires are defective. These things can shake lose, and wear and tear.

Hope you get it sorted.
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Try a different USB port to plug it in. If it doesnt calibrate itself after rebooting your pc your connector might be broken, or a whire, or something else. Just give it a try.

Maybe your avatar broke it :D
  6. I take it that it has done so before your reinstall ?
    Hm, and you have the correct version of the logitech driver/software (32/64 bit) ?
    It's strange when you say it sometimes has FFB...does not really sound like a driver issue to me :tongue:
  7. Yeah i know that it could shake loose but I've checked that and it started like this when I reinstalled everything
  8. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

I had a problem like this, when I upgraded from windows XP to windows 7.
    No drivers for windows 7 for FFB other than that it worked. So my choice was to buy a new wheel or go back to XP.
    It was an old wheel, that was my problem anyway!
  9. Try to reinstall your windows once more, Do a fresh install of F1 2010 Ofc and a fresh install for the DFGT get the latest drivers from the Logitech site http://logitech.com and it should work, If this doesnt work it must be a problem with the wheel itself or some of its wires, If you still have warranty on it don't mind using it! Just send an email to Logitech or call them for this. Good luck!
  10. Obviously you have tried my favourite workaround of shouting at it? Maybe giving it a little persuasive smack too? :D

I jest!
  11. I now know its the wheel that is the problem. Opened it up and didnt see the problem. If you hit the wheel or anything the FFB works but then disappers again :( Dont know how to fix :(
  12. If you know someone close by who also has a DFGT, try swapping the wheels. If the problem travels with the wheel, you have it isolated to the hardware. If the problem stays with your machine, you know it's the device driver.

You really, really want it to be the device driver. If it isn't, the next question is do you still have warranty? If not, your best hope is a connection issue, which considering how much vibration these things have is a reasonable guess. A wire can look properly soldered yet still be marginal; you'd need a multimeter to test each connection. If it's the case that you get either all the FFB effects, or none at all, then you're probably looking for a problem with the control input line.