F1 2013 no fast forward or rewind in replay

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
hi i think i saw the post in codemasters forum but they are down anyway there is no rewind or fast forward i think they said it has to do with my CSPs and there is a a file to change in settings somewhere does anyone know what im talking about

thnx

The default for a G27 wheel (my wheel) is to use the throttle and the brake pedal to do this. I can also use the Function key on the keyboard. If I remember correctly, F2 and F3. The game uses Function keys F1 to F8 to control replays in various ways.

In previous games, with a DFGT, steering left and right controlled the fast forward/rewind

I don't know what a CSP is, but you need to edit the actionmap .XML file for your controller.

Browse to you game install folder > YourInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f12013\actionmap

You are looking for code like this in the xml file ........

Code:
<Action actionName="Replay Rewind">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisRz" deviceName="046dc29b" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>
  <Action actionName="Replay Fast Forward">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisY" deviceName="046dc29b" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />

Be careful with buttons .... there is a difference between Windows and the game actionmap.

On Windows if you look at your controller settings or calibrate it, and for example it says that you just pressed button 6, in the actionmap file that would be button 5.

Windows uses numbering from 1 onwards, the actionmap uses numbering from 0 (zero) onwards, So Windows button 1 is button 0 in the actionmap ...... if you see what I mean :)

Haha ..... that's what I am saying :)

If Windows button 8, is actionmap button 7, then Windows button 1 is actionmap button 0.

So the Actionmap starts at zero, and Windows starts at 1 :D

Code:
Actionmap        Windows

0                1
1                2
2                3
3                4
4                5
5                6
6                7
7                8
8                9