No clutch

what do u mean by controller profile?

Go into your controller settings and go through the calibration wizard. When it gets to the part asking you to map the clutch there should be an option for "skip this", click that. Then when you get to the shifter screen and it's asking you to map your h-pattern, also click "skip this". When it's done go through and map all your other buttons like normal and just save that profile as "no clutch" or whatever you want to call it and when you load up that profile the game will forget that you have a clutch and h-pattern hooked up. I have a profile for sequential, paddles, h-pattern, and one for my formula rim and I just load up whichever one I want to use before I load the track. This way you can drive any car you want with paddles and auto-clutch/auto-blip.

If you found a way to use an H-pattern without a clutch pedal then you discovered a bug.

I wasn't referring to using the h-pattern without a clutch, maybe I misunderstood what he was getting at (it was kinda vague). He didn't necessarily indicate he was using the h-pattern, just that he couldn't get auto-clutch to work and you indicated that if a h-pattern is detected then auto-clutch won't work so I gave a workaround (presuming paddles were being used). If he's trying to drive a h-pattern without the clutch than nothing I said applies to that.

I believe he is wanting to use auto-clutch while still using an H-pattern shifter while driving manual shift cars, which isn't possible.

Ok. The OP only referenced auto-clutch so I wasn't sure. Though technically if you time your lifts and blips correctly you can get away with only using the clutch on launches and upshifts. ;)

After almost 3 year, I've found this topic - which was helpful.

Long story short - auto-clutch (at least for me) in AC only works if I have no axis assigned to the clutch (when using G27, at least).
If I left the car on neutral, having a clutch pedal assigned to the clutch axis, you would hear no noise from the engine (as if the car was dead). Then, by pressing the clutch, revs would go up to normal levels and you would hear the engine (even without pressing the gas pedal).
As mentioned by Brandon, if you just "skip this" and assign no axis to the clutch pedal, the auto-clutch indeed works (but then you would have no clutch to engage the car for a race start, for instance). There's no optimal solution, it seems.

:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back