• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

No clutch

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by paul willingham, Apr 29, 2017.

1. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    I set the game up with content manager to use auto clutch but when I Change gear I still have to depress the clutch pedal not sure why anybody know how to get it to work?????

2. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,210
    Do you have an H-pattern shifter plugged in, because auto-clutch doesn't work with an H-pattern IIRC.

3. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    g27 wheel with g25 shifter

4. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,210
    Yeah, automatic clutch doesn't work when you have an H-pattern plugged in.

5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Well, it can, but only if you're using a controller profile that doesn't have the h-pattern and clutch mapped. I do it all the time, I have several controller profiles with different shifter options and just load the one I want to use before starting the session.

6. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    what do u mean by controller profile?

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Go into your controller settings and go through the calibration wizard. When it gets to the part asking you to map the clutch there should be an option for "skip this", click that. Then when you get to the shifter screen and it's asking you to map your h-pattern, also click "skip this". When it's done go through and map all your other buttons like normal and just save that profile as "no clutch" or whatever you want to call it and when you load up that profile the game will forget that you have a clutch and h-pattern hooked up. I have a profile for sequential, paddles, h-pattern, and one for my formula rim and I just load up whichever one I want to use before I load the track. This way you can drive any car you want with paddles and auto-clutch/auto-blip.

8. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,210
    If you found a way to use an H-pattern without a clutch pedal then you discovered a bug.

9. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    I wasn't referring to using the h-pattern without a clutch, maybe I misunderstood what he was getting at (it was kinda vague). He didn't necessarily indicate he was using the h-pattern, just that he couldn't get auto-clutch to work and you indicated that if a h-pattern is detected then auto-clutch won't work so I gave a workaround (presuming paddles were being used). If he's trying to drive a h-pattern without the clutch than nothing I said applies to that.

10. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,210
    I believe he is wanting to use auto-clutch while still using an H-pattern shifter while driving manual shift cars, which isn't possible.

11. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    Correct

12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Ok. The OP only referenced auto-clutch so I wasn't sure. Though technically if you time your lifts and blips correctly you can get away with only using the clutch on launches and upshifts. ;)

• Like Like x 1