F1 2011 No CD/DVD patch

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
My F1 2011 DVD just doesn't want to load into my DVD ROM. This is the only DVD or CD that does that, other dvd's work 100%.I have no idea why it does that, but it is really getting on my nerves, because I can't play the game! Does anyone have a No cd/dvd patch for v 1.01?

I had this problem a few years ago when I bought Splinter Cell something or other, the securom protection didn't like the DVD drive and it thought that I had a fraudulent copy. When I bought a new DVD drive, it worked fine.

You might want to return the DVD and get a replacement, either from the shop you bought it from or the manufacturer, as it is probably defective. If the replacement doesn't work, the copy protection doesn't agree with something in your computer, ie your DVD driver or the drive itself might not be supported.

It may also be down to something like having Daemon tools installed or similar, that install a virtual hard drive, these have a knack of interfering with copy protection.

I think that F1 2011 uses SecureRom copy protection, which is picky with DVD drives for some reason, it might be worth doing a google search on this subject, or write a stern email to the manufacturers of SecureRom asking for a more practical solution, or to buy you a new DVD drive for putting you through this trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%