F1 2011 No assists

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
How do I got about getting used to using no assists at all on this game. Right now I am comfortable with everything except abs and traction control off except on some of the tracks I don't know.

If you expect rain then adjust the setup. Raise the ride height 1 or 2 clicks and reduce the spring stiffness 1 or 2 clicks, and then add more wing.

My only advice is to remember this phrase in the rain: ``Slow is smooth, smooth is fast``. I heard that on an episode of Modern Family and I always end up repeating it while I`m racing in the rain. In other words, if you push too hard you`ll spin out. Don`t know what else to say besides keep practicing!

In my experience you just have to bite the bullet and turn off the aids and as everyone says keep practicing. Ive not used any driving aids (apart from pit entry and stop) in either F1 2010 or 2011 as these aids are banned in F1 so I figure I shouldnt use them. If you just take it easy to start with and slowly build the speed you get used to controlling wheelspin etc. I find using manual gears help as you can shift into a higher gear to kill the wheelspin sometimes. Using a wheel and pedals is essential I think for not using aids.

Racing in the rain is difficult and so it should be. Did a race around Barcelona yesterday in full wet coniditions and struggled for pace against the AI on professional. Don't think my setup was very good which doesnt help. I managed to get a robotic consistency achievement though which is something I guess, but doesnt make me feel any better about finishing 18th :(, lol.

If you expect rain then adjust the setup. Raise the ride height 1 or 2 clicks and reduce the spring stiffness 1 or 2 clicks, and then add more wing.

My only advice is to remember this phrase in the rain: ``Slow is smooth, smooth is fast``. I heard that on an episode of Modern Family and I always end up repeating it while I`m racing in the rain. In other words, if you push too hard you`ll spin out. Don`t know what else to say besides keep practicing!
That phrase actually helped and I liked Kuala Lumpur for getting used to it.

Monza is definitely the beginners track, dunno what others would be classed as beginner though, maybe Catalunya?
Monza is probably the hardest track to learn to drive without ABS :D
I'd go for Canada or Melbourne, Canada is very easy in general and in Melbourne mistakes don't cost as much time as elsewhere because you can always go a little on the grass.

I wish I could be that fast. :)

I play with a gamepad, only in 1 month time I have enough money to buy a wheel. I'm wondering what might be the easiest tracks to drive without assists in Time Trial. Any suggestions?
If you're really struggling, it's not so bad to play with TCS on medium if you're using the gamepad. Once you get used to driving you can turn it off and then you will only be learning how to manage the throttle.

Once you get a wheel though it will be a completely different experience. You will have to relearn everything so don't stress over using assists with the gamepad for now. If you spend all that effort learning no assists on a gamepad it won't help much when you start using the wheel. Just enjoy the game and do the learning when you get the wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back