No Angel

Just come close to finishing a good book called no Angel. About the life of the wheeler and dealer of F1 Bernie Ecolstone. You either loved or hated this man depending on witch end of the grid you sat.
He gets a lot of trash talk about his shrewd business methods but has done a lot for the sport. If you don't believe me look up the era of Jean Piere Ballistare before Bernie and MAX came in. They have made the sport safer and commercially valuable.
Sadly Bernie dose not get along with Jean Todt and will probably be gone like his buddy max. Not shore who will replace him Maybe Michale Schumacher, Nelson Piquet Sr or Nicki Lauda could do it.

Great post Snook! Also, it's great to have you back in the forums.

on topic: These are some very good chioices btw...,though Nelson Piquet Sr. definetely sticks out as the obvious "no brainer" chioice here ,so i vote for him for $100 ,final answer

There is an interesting article in Autosport subscription services today - for a while now team principals have thought that Horner is Bernie's spy, divulging critical information regarding FOTA and other team meetings to Bernie. According to the article, written by Autosport's Dieter Rencken, Horner doesn't have any respect from the other TPs, and he has long been the subject of their many jokes.

Obviously I can't post the whole article but here's an excerpt:

All this led rival team bosses to make increasingly snide comments about Red Bull's management, with some referring to Horner as 'Mini Bernie'. Game-playing was very much in evidence: for example, in Malaysia a group of team principals met in full view of RBR's hospitality in the belief that they would be spotted and the absent Ecclestone informed.

According to one it took all of two minutes before Horner was seen on the telephone. "He could, of course, have been calling home…" said one with a wink.

I have read a different book. It's called 'Bernie' by Susan Watkins (Sid Watkins widow)

After reading the book I am a staunch Bernie defender. What I realised is, Bernie has made a lot of people rich, and he's turned Formula 1 into a multi billion dollar sport.

The perception of greed I believe is wrong. A lot of people say Bernie takes money out of the sport that should be kept in the sport.........Hold on a second, not even 1% of that money would even BE there if it wasn't for Bernie.

The teams got a sniff of money, the FIA got a sniff of money, but none of them invested a single penny. They were happy for Bernie to put everything on the line and then profit off the back of him.

Well, Bernie could have lost the shirt off his back, and when the FIA and constructors saw he was succeeding, THEN they wanted a piece of the pie? Sorry, but if I was in that position I would show them a selection of index and middle fingers.

Bernie baked that pie, and it costs for a slice. It absolutely amazes me how Bernie made so many millionaires, yet these very same people he's set up for life now call him greedy. Oh the irony.

How about Flavio? :D
Flavio is a person who worked marketing for Benetton. Knows nothing about cars or engines. Just marketing. He pays people to think for him. He should open up stores selling clothes and keep it there. PS hes suspended for bad behavior so it would be hard to get back in. If Piquet Jr had a injury he would of been sued. telling a driver to delebratl'y crash into a wall for team mate is dum. The worst thing you can tell a driver to do.

Sauber Team Principal.
Ah the lawyer who replaced Peter Sauber. Don't know anything else about what she has done. Lack of media attention. Murry Walker once claimed he had no idea who designed the car. Then he met Sergio Rinland who told him he was the designer. I love Sauber a fab chassis but lack of media makes them invisible.

Flavio is a person who worked marketing for Benetton. Knows nothing about cars or engines. Just marketing. He pays people to think for him. He should open up stores selling clothes and keep it there. PS hes suspended for bad behavior so it would be hard to get back in. If Piquet Jr had a injury he would of been sued. telling a driver to delebratl'y crash into a wall for team mate is dum. The worst thing you can tell a driver to do.
Not that my Flavio answer was meant to be take serious, but FOM is marketing. I see no reason to know stuff about cars and engines in order to do that job.
I don't think Bernie knows much them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back