nKPro Southern Hemisphere Races -"Expressions of Interest"-

Hi all, I'll keep it short and sweet. :roflol:

It was mentioned (in my apology thread) that maybe I should look at organising some nKPro races for the Southern Hemisphere @ RD, that being Australasia, New Zealand, Africa and any one else within this time slot, or wanting to take part.

So, after some personal debate on whether I was prepared to comit to this project long term, I decided YES I would.:good:
It's a great oppertunity for me to give a little back to the Sim-Racing community that's kept my revhead nature happy for so many years.:wink:

Ok, what now?, I'm not 100% sure how to get this rolling, so whatever help and suggestions you can offer will be considered and very much appreciated I can asure you. :)

If there is enough interest we should be able to start some leagues and run a championship, so come on and get involved so we can bring it to fruition.
:letsgoracing:

For those who are interested, please leave your name, favourite nKPro car and how often you would like to race (2 races per wk, 4 per wk) and when (weekdays, evenings or weekends) plus any comments or suggestions.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers to all.

EDIT: We are intending on running some rFactor events as well, the mods we are considering are: BATHURST 72 and V8Factor06 which will be changed when ORSM release V8Factor09, which has the 07 & 08 seasons included.

Stay tuned.

Hey Andrew, I only bought nkpro recently, but am looking for some races. Im in Brisbane, and would love to race in your series. Favourite car would probably be the ftarget, and i could race most afternoons, and nights, from 4pm GMT+10. What is your server called, I saw a perth one with the 1800 at aviano, Is that it? I didnt need a password though.

When will you be starting these races?

I don't think Andrew's coming back, as the mods erased the thread about his server, and like other members of the community who have had their event postings deleted here he left :(

Hi All,

I was enjoying this read until I got to the bit about Andrew being gone. Shame...... Just jump on the my Perth_AU_10Mbit server for some practice if you like. It's open to everyone and I'll change the car / track config to whatever ppl feel like driving (just PM me or something).

Cheers

I don't think Andrew's coming back, as the mods erased the thread about his server, and like other members of the community who have had their event postings deleted here he left :(

Bit strange indeed as we more or less talked about setting something (netkar & rfactor) up for the Aussies after he contacted us. Lets hope he returns.

Bit strange indeed as we more or less talked about setting something (netkar & rfactor) up for the Aussies after he contacted us. Lets hope he returns.
What about other leagues though? No other community, be it RSR, GPC or R2P delete info' about "rival" championships. Even DrivingItalia when they were running official servers didn't have a problem with the posting of RaceDepartment races.

Because we have that rule from the very first beginning of this community. We are not an advertisement board. For that you can go to the official nKpro website, forum, facebook, myspace or whatever just like with any other game.

If you allow one, you have to allow them all and a community of this size is very sensitive for advertising. Also we are always approachable by email or pm to at least ask it up front, but for some reason people make their own rules. Don't shoot RD for having their own.

When RaceDepartment hosted the official netKar Pro forum there would surely be a place to advertise leagues etc, but as far as I know they prefer to have an english community on an italian board.

Best place for an official netkar pro forum would be at the site of the guy that deserves it the most and did a lot for the nkp community: Jaap Wagenvoort's GPC. <--- see, it's a link :)

You're linked to on the official nKPro website, and a lot of newcomers arrive here, who probably think the community's a lot more empty than it actually is. I know you allow links, but it isn't just league postings that are deleted, a member of the community was arranging a karting meet and that thread was also removed.

You're right that there's no real English community for nKPro (GPC's the closest thing), after the old RSC went down, which's why I think your policy's damaging this particular community. All it's doing is driving people away, so in the long-term it hurts RD in terms of numbers.

We didn't start this community for the numbers CAR. We organise our occassional races for nkpro so now and then, cause that is what we do: online racing in a safe environment.

@ the link on the netkar pro site: we sent an email to the webmaster and everybody is free to do the same, so i don't see the problem really.

As the administration of this board we wrote some basic rules years back and we stick to them. If people don't like that and have problems with the way we run our own community who are we to force them to be here. And as posted above, everybody can send us an email and ask for permission, don't see whats so hard about that.

I respect your rules, but if they’re totally inflexible then it’s kinda silly. Jaap’s track conversions from GP4 weren’t removed from the old RSC, even though technically they were unauthorised/illegal, and they had rules forbidding such content from being posted.

The posting of league events or drivers not using full names on their licences isn’t even a legal thing, but you still enforce these rules like a corporate machine, something that drives people away but if you’re happy with half a dozen racers per event then that’s fine.

The stupid thing’s people like RD (the download section etc.), but not the way it’s run, and with the Andrew situation I’m worried that people are being put off the sim’ because of the conduct of mods on here.

As I mentioned before the English speaking nKPro community has no real home anymore, and it could be here. RSR have a league planned with the new KS2, would I have to ask permission before posting info’ about every round of the championship? DrivingItalia gave these guys there own sub-section on their forum for posting about this stuff.

Once more (please read my posts above better) if people want to advertise they can contact us per email/pm first.

And the real names might turn people down, and that is exactly why we have that rule here in the first place (and for a lot of other reasons). The moment that Formula One allows their drivers to use a nickname in real life we will reconsider. So when you see Hamilton driving as TheBlackDude1987 or Alsonso as ThePaellaLover feel free to let us know :)

I think your view on this community is a bit blurred. We don't host that many downloads, at least its not a big part of our daily visitor traffic. For news you go to VirtualR, for mods to Nogrip and for racing you can come to RD.

To close this discussion. We have a whole forum dedicated to feedback, so if people aren't happy and have constructive comments how to improve things they can leave their thoughts here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements and Feedback

Errors on our site? Account problems? Think you know how you can make this site better? This is the forum for you.

Once more (please read my posts above better) if people want to advertise they can contact us per email/pm first.
Yeah what I was asking is would someone have to ask permission before every single posting about the same league (or just once)?

We aren't F1 drivers, and I'm not talking about nicknames. Anyway a mod' told me you used to allow them, but my problem's again one of flexibility, as GPC/RSR ask for full names but allow L Hamilton for example (as your name actually appears in game).

P.S. For racing with full grids in nKPro you go to GPC/RSR :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back