nKPro racing club proposal/feedback/ideas

Hello everyone

I wanted to divide the cars into three categories, and go with one every week. That way all the cars would be used, not exactly evenly, but close enough. Something like:
  1. Abarth, Vintage
  2. F1600/1800, Osella
  3. F2000/FTarget, KS2
As far as tracks go, was thinking one week default, the next add-on, and so on.
I'm not that familiar with all the add-on tracks available, so if you have one that you'd like to see, or even a car/track combo, I'd be more than happy to give it a go.

Anyway, that's the general idea, post feedback, ideas, suggestions or obscenities below :thanks:

Suggestions:
  1. different event types; enduro, sprint + feature, 3 sprints
  2. ballast
  3. mandatory pit stops
  4. Abarth race with full grid at Nordschleife :)
  5. reversed grid
  6. rolling start
  7. Lime Rock Park, Lastplace addon tracks
  8. Extra time between races
  9. F2000 at Adelaide

Tracks:

Code:
A1 Ring - ok
Adelaide 1989 Lastplace - ok
Adelaide - Albert, unknown
Ahvenisto - ok I guess
Autumn Ring - ok I guess
Bahrain - ok I guess
Barcelona 03 - Albert, unknown
Barcelona 10 - Albert, illegal
Bathurst - Albert, illegal
Blackwood - ok
Brands Hatch 1.1 - ok I guess
Brands Hatch 09 - Albert, unknown
Brescia - ok
Brno - needs GTR2 disc
Crema Rsr - ok
Crystal Palace - ok
Dijon - Albert, illegal
Dinosaur Canyon - ok I guess
Donington Park - needs GTL disc
El Pinar - ok I guess
Essington - Albert, unknown
F1 Stadium - ok I guess
Falkenberg - ok I guess
Fuji Speedway - Albert, unknown
Goodwood - ok I guess
High Speed Ring - ok I guess
Hockenheimring - ok I guess
Hungaroring - ok I Guess, has a bug
Imola - Albert, illegal
Interlagos - ok I guess
Interlagos 1979 - ok I guess
Istanbul 1.2 - illegal
Laguna Seca 1.2 - ok I guess
Lastplace Lake - ok
Le Mans - ok I guess
Lime Rock - ok I guess
Macau - Albert, illegal
Magny Cours - needs GTR2 Disc
Melbourne - ok I guess
Mid Ohio - Albert, illegal
Monaco - ok I guess
Montreal - ok I guess
Monza Rsr - needs GTR2 disc
Mountain Sprint - ok
Mugello - ok
Nordschleife - ok
Nurburgring - Albert, illegal
Okayama - Albert, illegal
Oschersleben - needs GTL disc
Oval - ok
Phillip Island - ok
Ricardo Tormo 1.2 (Valencia (Not The Street Circuit)) - Albert, illegal
Riccardo Paletti (Varano) - Albert, illegal
Road America - Albert, unknown
Salzburgring - Albert, unknown
Sepang - ok I guess
Shanghai - ok I guess
Silverstone - ok
Singapore - ok I guess
Snetterton 1.1 - ok I guess
Spa 2010 - Albert, illegal
Spa 67 - illegal
Spa 90's - Albert, illegal
Spa-Francorchamps - ok
Suzuka - ok I guess
Valencia 1.1 - ok I guess
Zolder - Albert, unknown

Morning all :)

I like the reversed grid with a ballast penalty for race 2, that sounds good and will bring the quicker drivers back to the pack, also gives the more experienced guys like Vaggelis more of a challenge trying to pick there way through traffic and get back to the pointy end of the field before the laps run out :)

Another pain in the butt which has been mentioned much in the past is first corner/lap mayhem, this is one of the biggest killers IMHO for most new guys, nothing worse than being totally trashed on the grid or in the opening 500metres/yards in your 1st online race, maybe the strategy here might be rolling starts?

Senad, I think we need to confirm which add-on tracks we can run on RD, some releases have been done without original author permissions, so there not useable under RD rules.

Another pain in the butt which has been mentioned much in the past is first corner/lap mayhem, this is one of the biggest killers IMHO for most new guys, nothing worse than being totally trashed on the grid or in the opening 500metres/yards in your 1st online race, maybe the strategy here might be rolling starts?

Agreed, forgot about that. We'll try a rolling start, but in a few weeks, the one after F2000 will be a slow one, so there shouldn't be much mayhem :)

Senad, I think we need to confirm which add-on tracks we can run on RD, some releases have been done without original author permissions, so there not useable under RD rules.

I have little knowledge on add-on tracks status and availability, I'm afraid.
I'm guessing all the tracks in the download section here are okay, as are the ones available in Radiator Springs and DrivingItalia downloads sections. Beyond that, I'm clueless, LOL.

I'll add all the ideas in the first post, so we don't lose track of them.

I have little knowledge on add-on tracks status and availability, I'm afraid.
I'm guessing all the tracks in the download section here are okay, as are the ones available in Radiator Springs and DrivingItalia downloads sections. Beyond that, I'm clueless, LOL.

I'll add all the ideas in the first post, so we don't lose track of them.

I think you're spot on with only using tracks available via the three above mentioned sites, no nasty come-backs then :)
Besides there's plenty of legal tracks to choose from, just not everyone's favorites.

I agree on the rolling start, everyone making a slow first lap and speeding after last corner will avoid many of usual first corner troubles.

Reverse grid when there are two races, also sounds good, just don't if we can set it on the server options or edit the grid like in rFactor.

Whats the vibe regards a 2nd event on Sundays, maybe an Osella cup/series, if the server is available of course?

We could have it in the early afternoon, say 1pm GMT, which would make it mid evening for me 9pm :wink: :thumbup: at least I think thats right.

Just a thought!

Now that we can get the race results with the Log Parser, we could also create an RD NetKar Club Drivers Rank, something like that:

1st - 10 points
2th - 8 "
3th - 7 "
4th - 5 "
5th - 4 "
6th - 3 "
7th - 2 "
8th - 1 "

Start an Race - 3 Points
DNF - Drop 1 Point
Contact with another driver - Drop 1 Point

Now that we can get the race results with the Log Parser, we could also create an RD NetKar Club Drivers Rank, something like that:

1st - 10 points
2th - 8 "
3th - 7 "
4th - 5 "
5th - 4 "
6th - 3 "
7th - 2 "
8th - 1 "

Start an Race - 3 Points
DNF - Drop 1 Point
Contact with another driver - Drop 1 Point

I like the idea Sergio, sounds perfect for league/champ use too mate :) if we ever get one started :tongue:

Yeah, it's a good idea in general, but where would the rank be seen?
Keep it in an Excel table, and post the screenshot in a thread would work, but it wouldn't look that good to me.
I could throw together an HTML table, and put it on Dropbox, a bit more elegant I guess, but still not pretty.

I'm afraid I don't have the skills, or administrative rights for that matter, to put it next to one's name in the forum, like it was done before.

If you can limit fuel at the start you would have to pit to finish the race

Don't see it in the server setup tool, is that possible in the game?

As far as add on tracks here's two that are good: Lime Rock Park, very twisty and difficult , would suit Abarth and ffords as it is too intense in the KS2.
Lastplace, an early add on and a really good track, which no one seems to use.

I would like to propose that we add another 5 minutes of practice in between race 1 and race 2, like that everybody got the time to get something to drink or change some small stuff in the setup. Right now I feel like the break in between the races are too short.

I would like to propose that we add another 5 minutes of practice in between race 1 and race 2, like that everybody got the time to get something to drink or change some small stuff in the setup. Right now I feel like the break in between the races are too short.

I just kept the format used when I first started racing here, but am more than happy to oblige. 5 minutes sounds good to me :good:

EDIT: done, join time for race 1 is 60 seconds (1 min between quali and race 1), join time for race 2 is 300 seconds (5 min between race 1 and race 2).

I'd like to try a wet race again, because it was a great experience a few months ago.

There could be issues though, I remember me and someone else had their game crash on them after 10 or so laps. It's worth the risk for me, would any of you guys mind trying it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back