nKPro movies

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hope this will be the start of something really nice. Embed your youtube/vimeo or other supported movies here by clicking the
video.png
link.

I had a go and it doesn't look too bad, here is an early lap with the FTarget at Aviano. I'm still trying to dial the car in so its a bit of a handful. but it was fun and seemed to look good on the replay :)

This is my best lap
F1600, Prato Full GP.
I know that it I could pull of one more second, the last turn and turn 3 lost me that second. Other than that, I couldn't figure out what went wrong, please give me some advice.

Although the member 'CAR' said that driving with a keyboard is not an excuse for a slow time, but I'm still convinced that a wheel plays a big role :p. I'm improving everyday, 3 days ago I couldn't do less than 1:55, and today; no more than 1:50 :D.

Sorry about the quality, my poor processor couldn't handle Fraps and netKar Pro at the same time.

Edit: I caused crashes in every race I joined because of the way I break in turn 2, in the chat, the drivers said: You shouldn't break early. I told them, Kovalainen wasn't penalised for braking too early! :D :D. Am I right? Is there any rule about breaking too early or something. I had no intention of causing an accident, I broke and the next second, every one was crashing into my car.

Rank record is 1m38.055 for this track.

Some are crazily fast...

Improving is very hard in nKpro since you can't see how others brake or use gas when watching them.

What is bad too is that when you watch someone else in one of your replays you don't here his sounds but yours... very bad bug.

There is virtually no other way for improving that training a lot lap after lap.

LFS is way better to improve your laps. Watching WR laps, with braking points is so useful...

Although the member 'CAR' said that driving with a keyboard is not an excuse for a slow time, but I'm still convinced that a wheel plays a big role :p.
In terms of control yes, you’ll make less errors with a wheel, but keyboard/mouse players benefit from TC & ABS. So being able to brake later, and accelerate better (after the initial bogging down), can be an advantage as some players have proven. In saying all that I’ve never driven using a mouse, as the experience with a wheel’s brilliant, and better than the gamepad I used before which I was slower with.

Sorry about the quality, my poor processor couldn't handle Fraps and netKar Pro at the same time.
I have the same problem, hence the view I used in my last video :( Oddly the problem seems to have gotten worse so maybe free hard drive space or something's a factor.

I told them, Kovalainen wasn't penalised for braking too early! :D :D. Am I right? Is there any rule about breaking too early or something.
No, there’s no rule about braking too early, and good drivers anticipate what the car in front’s going to do. With the Kovalainen/Webber incident it was a little different, as there was no way a Lotus could have battled with a Red Bull, so there was nothing to be gained and it was all rather stupid. I think as long as you’re not braking erratically you should be ok.

Rank record is 1m38.055 for this track.
By Fox Gek, a keyboard/mouse player.

What is bad too is that when you watch someone else in one of your replays you don't here his sounds but yours... very bad bug.
You can always watch them when they're out on track (it's a good way to learn a few tricks).

Edit: I caused crashes in every race I joined because of the way I break in turn 2, in the chat, the drivers said: You shouldn't break early. I told them, Kovalainen wasn't penalised for braking too early! :D :D. Am I right? Is there any rule about breaking too early or something. I had no intention of causing an accident, I broke and the next second, every one was crashing into my car.

That's one of my bigger problems in racing here. I simply can't brake as late as most people do. That's why I'm uneasy while running in packs, and rather move out of way, instead of slowing down the group, and maybe causing an accident :/

But, the car behind is to blame by default :)

Open wheelers will be even worse, I suspect. Will see where I stand this Wednesday :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%