nkp noob

Hi to all, and thanks to "Ivlo" and Mr. Subasic for all their help. I am enjoying this great sim more everyday. I do have a hard time as this is my first ever on a pc. Also pc challenged. Through hrs of trial and error(mostly error):redface: I am getting there. A few Q..if I may. I am using a Fanatec GT2 w/ CSP, 6+1 shifter w/ 40 in HD TV using VGA. 1)...Brakes non linear, yes or no? 2) Vsync, w/ fullscreen.. yes or no? 3) The resolution on my PC when set up to TV for NKP is 1600 X 1200. Should I leave the NKP menu under Video>Resolution at default or change it to the highest setting (1280 X 720)? 4) With damage at 0% I notice tire wear. I have been mounting new ones every few laps. With 0 % does tire wear affect actual driving physics? Thanking all in advance, Roger (aka Zebrawire)

Not an expert in any of these questions, so just bumping the thread a bit for someone more competent to see and answer :D

2) Vsync, w/ fullscreen.. yes or no?

If it works, I don't see why not.

3) The resolution on my PC when set up to TV for NKP is 1600 X 1200. Should I leave the NKP menu under Video>Resolution at default or change it to the highest setting (1280 X 720)?

I don't quite understand this one. HDTV should be something like 1920x1080, right? 1600x1200 is 4:3, it would be stretched.
If your graphics card can support it, use the native resolution of your TV. If not, use a lower 16:9 resolution, like 1280x720

4) With damage at 0% I notice tire wear. I have been mounting new ones every few laps. With 0 % does tire wear affect actual driving physics? Thanking all in advance, Roger (aka Zebrawire)

Haven't driven on 0% much, but my guess would be yes. Easy to check anyway, just don't change tires and see what happens :D

1. Club Sport Pedals has the load cells instead of usual potentiometers as working element, so you may turn on the option "Use linear brake" - it was designed for load cells.

2. The "V-Sync" option prevents sreen tearing in fast moves. This is matter of taste: some people don't care about the tearing, some - can't play with it. It also locks up game FPS (Frames Per Second). I use it on.

"Fullscreen" option does what its name says - makes game screen fill the whole monitor screen. Usually it's on.

3. Use the native resolution of your TV/Monitor in "Resolution" menu - as I understand it will be 1600x1200. It will make the picture much more sharper and better looking.

4. The "Damage" option relates only to contacts with track objects and other cars.

Yes, the tire wear has affect to the car behaviour in any case - usually you will need to brake and steer more as tires will fade. Try to make 20 laps and you will feel it :)

PS: Ah, so nice to see the spaces between lines - much easier to read :cool:

Thanks Ivlo. Very nice, neat reply. Just what I needed, and yes, from now on I will be posting in a neat, clean format with spaces. You are 100% right.

I had everything so screwed up with the resolution. I just did Trento for the first time with the proper perspective. What a difference! :D You're a good man. I appreciate all your time and help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back