NIXIM G25 Brake mod

I wonder whether we know anyone who can reverse engineer the load cell and we can begin building them at cost.

I does mean that we need to find someone who's willing to give up their loadcell for us to take apart.

Upvote 0
I wonder whether we know anyone who can reverse engineer the load cell and we can begin building them at cost.

I does mean that we need to find someone who's willing to give up their loadcell for us to take apart.

I really hope this comes about and we can get some sort of Loadcell for the g25 soon. I mean if everyone using one says it has completely improved their racing, surely its something that needs to be readily available for the masses. Otherwise we are sitting ducks here without one with the ones with the device.

Upvote 0
Guys I am currently looking into a load cell for the G25/27. But I also have a great many other projects/ mod duties/even a tad of racing to do if im lucky lol! So IF anyone HAS a loadcell and would give me as much info as they can, it might help. But to be honest, hooking one up is easy, just need to work out the load range. If anyone can be arsed, the ideal method would be to put a good set of scales in a position like the brake pedal would be, press the scales with ones foot like the pedal and measure the wieght to give me a ball park figure for the right load cell lol! any takers, Abdul hehehehehehe

Upvote 0
When I got my APelectrix load cell, I had a Nixim in there prior. When I opened it up, the Nixim was turning into a pile of crumbs but, it worked fantastic as long as I had it in there. Very much worth it until you can get into a load cell. Maybe spraying that rubber down with some silicone would have helped.

Upvote 0
When I got my APelectrix load cell, I had a Nixim in there prior. When I opened it up, the Nixim was turning into a pile of crumbs but, it worked fantastic as long as I had it in there. Very much worth it until you can get into a load cell. Maybe spraying that rubber down with some silicone would have helped.

When did you get your Load Cell from there??

As far as i`m aware, they havn`t been trading since April?

Upvote 0
Right before he stopped or took a break or whatever he's doing.
I feel very fortunate and sry for those still waiting, so I won't say how much I like it.
I know MANY ppl in the waiting mode or looking to make their own now.
But the Nixim was pretty darn good actually.
When I got that, I thought it was a bit stiff so, I trimmed it lengthwise somewhat.
I would get one in the mean time if you still want to wait for an affordable load cell mod.
The only other way to go would be a set of CS which I suppose I will go eventually when I can't fix whatever happens in the future.

Upvote 0
I have the Nixim v2 brake mod for the Logitech G25/27. Since installation, in the Windows 7 wheel calibration screen (and in games), when the brake is fully depressed, it only registers at about 75% travel. I can't get it to recognise the final 25%.

Is this normal, or should it register the full 100%?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I found if you trimmed the Nixim mod (I had version 1) by about a 1 mm and then actually drilled some additional holes through it (I remember seeing a post somewhere about it and I did it myself) it helps with the compression enough that you can get 100% travel.

It is still stiff however and you will need to mount the pedals imo to be able to apply the amount of pressure required. The V2 version of the mod I imagine is the same, trim the rubber a little and gut it a little and it should feel a lot better :)

Upvote 0
I had this mod before I went to CST's and I think its a very good mod for a good price. makes the brake feel like your road car.
I've heard '£x for a bit of rubber', but who cares if it makes the brakes better?
I liked it and I think you will too.
George

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years