Tracks Nisseringen Denmark from LIDAR data. (Pointcloud) WIP

I am back on track again! Pun intended!:)

Car is Lada 2101 downloaded from RD

A very rubbish version, but the major point now, is to get feel, flow and dimensions right.

I have currently only uploaded it for members of the track club, so they can test it.

Don't worry, you will get your chance later.

000411.jpg
000414.jpg
000415.jpg
000417.jpg
000421.jpg
000423.jpg
000427.jpg
000431.jpg
000432.jpg
000438.jpg

Happy modding

It is about time for a little update.

My 3D projects are not dead.

They are just sleeping very deeply.

I had some different basic techniques that I couldn’t get my head around, so I needed a break.

I have been spending my time on realizing a longstanding dream. My wish for a Lefty HOTAS set (Hands On Throttle And Stick) or in other words combat aircraft controllers.

I have badly wanted a Lefty HOTAS set for the past 20 years.

To top it off I am also rearranging my simpit.

IMG_1247.JPG

Ahhh, nostalgia trip.

I got my first PC back in 1993 with Soundblaster 2.0, some crappy speakers and a CH Flightstick Pro. This so I could play X-wing.

Together with the Soundblaster came my introduction into simracing: Indianapolis 500: The Simulation. Keyboard controls are not my thing.

Not so long after I fell for Falcon 3.0, Gunship2000 and IndyCar Racing. For these I got the CH Flightsim Yoke and the CH Pedals.

In 1994 I got TIE-fighter and a Soundblaster AWE32 with ASP chip but without extra RAM. What a difference. I very much enjoyed that for a while Unfortunately the drivers screwed up Windows98 when I upgraded to that. I ended up giving it away. I very much regret that today.

Years later wanting to do X-wing and TIE-fighter again I became disapointed with DOSBox only having SB16 emulation, I could only find a AWE32 Value edition without the ASP chip, when building my DOS 6.22/WIN3.1/WIN98 retro PC. It sounds like the SB16, so I will just stick with DOSBox.

I consider ditching the retro PC together with the CH Flightsim Yoke and the CH Pedals.

My favorite racing game enters my PC in 1995: IndyCar Racing II, followed by NASCAR Racing II in 1996.

In this period CH products released their Combatstick, Fighterstick and Pro Throttle.

I wanted, really, really, really wanted, but alas the stick is for the right hand and the throttle is for the left hand.

My motor skills are such that my right hand, is capable of about 50% of the controller precision, that I have with my left hand.

I have tried using an ordinary HOTAS and that is not for me. There is no fun and joy in it at all. I spent more time hitting the ground, than flying the plane.

There have been no right hand HOTAS throttle on the gaming market, apart from a guy that did a CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle conversion from 2006 and some time forward. Unfortunately he has stopped doing them. When he made them, they where way out of my price league.

Out of the past and into the now.

My project involves a Thrustmaster T.16000m, a Thrustmaster TWCS (Tactical Weapons Control System), Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant and the Logitech G27.

Planned modifications:
T.16000m joystick set up for left hand
2 stage trigger Done
Pointy button Done
Pinky button Done
Add 1 5 way tact switch to thumb rest Wirering prepared
Add 1 5 way tact switch where the middle button is Wirering prepared
Replace remaining buttons with capped 6x6mm tactile switches

IMG_1208.JPG

Current state of the T.16000m

IMG_1225.JPG

The TWCS and Quadrant will be made into a dual engine throttle ala Warthog for the right hand.

I am will also be doing a right hand helicopter collective lever, but I don’t know how yet.

PCB's for the pots, buttons, hats and minijoystick from the TM TWCS, in a box with a D-Sub DB25 connector so I can swap controllers, to 5 way tactile switches, pots and capped 6x6mm tactile switches.

For handles I am currently experimenting with a dice cup or a tooth mug. 3D printing is out of my economical range at the moment.

Throttles will be 2 of the levers, on the Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. I will bend the 3. lever.

From the G27 the pedals will be used for rudder and brakes. I will use the buttons on the gearthingie and I hope that I can figure out how to use the different gears as toggle state switches in my different flightsims.

Originally this was for DCS World and Falcon BMS, but with a gift of FS2004 and FSX it has grown way bigger. Tons of free stuff for fs2004 and FSX and I have just begun to dip my toes.

The current simpit.

IMG_1245.JPG

Started out with making the footrest for my reversemounted pedals removable. No more scraped shins when I do ordinary PC work.

I am in the process of figuring out how to mount throttles, joystick, shifter and mouse platform to my office chair instead of the table/shelf system.

I will be on this for a while.

If anyone is interested I have a WIP thread here:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...tas-wip-and-other-controller-mods#Post4355231

I am very happy that I have gone into this.

Okay. Enough of this off topic.

I will be coming back for more Nisseringen, Voldsom Volvo and Fælledparken, with more energy.

Happy modding

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years