rF2 Nissan GTR & Corvette @ Silverstone - Wednesday July 3rd 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My frustration started with someone spinning in Chapel in qualifying, and standing in the middle of the road for multiple seconds, and because I was on a flying lap, I couldn't avoid hitting him. Mate, you should have gotten out of the way much quicker than that! I didn't look to see who it was so as to not make it personal.

Then, I made some n00b mistakes in the first 2 laps, dropping me way down. Then I started gaining quickly, and then there was a guy who closed a gap I was starting to get into, banging me into the wall. Not saying he did it on purpose, but spatial awareness is essential in racing, and this bloke's was certainly sub-standard.

And since he did not wait for me to at least catch up, I quit then and there.

Also, I see the rule of 2 wheels between the white lines clearly don't matter anymore - of course it happens to all of us once in a while, I am talking about those doing it lap after lap, it happened in the Meganes race last night as well. I used to be a regular on this site's club races last year, especially the 1994/GP2 rFactor and GSC races, but some are clearly taking the piss out of the rules and getting away with it, and I know this is for fun first and foremost, but we try to do it in a sportsmanlike fashion, otherwise we may as well not have rules.

If you don't like what I'm saying, well, if the shoe fits, and I don't care, someone has to be honest about these things, otherwise they'll keep being ignored.

Thanks admins for the hosting admins, the part I could participate in was enjoyable.

Hey Dewald Nel, please send a PM with replays and driver names etc. i.e. an incident report so that we can deal with them. They can't get away with breaking the rules, but we can't do anything about it unless we have evidence or proof that these things are going on. There are 1 or 2 corners we can be lenient with as it's easy to run wide on them, but if it's a cutting issue or blatantly ignoring the white line every lap then it's an issue. Also the issue of waiting after knocking someone off, it's unacceptable. If you knock someone off for whatever reason, you MUST wait for them. We don't run public servers, bump and runs will be punished severely. Thanks Dewald for bringing this forward.

Hi Ian, it was me that you hit in turn 6, i was having problems slowing the car, which eventually led to me spinning and stalling. When we both tried to get going again, you hit me again which spun me round, but i managed to keep the engine going this time.

I didnt just drive off though, you were well past the old pit entry by the time i got to Priory, but I think I'd have had the right to go, as you hit me. Never mind though, I know you have frame rate issues, so sometimes what you see, might not be the whole picture, especially when there's a lot of cars around you!

As for Dewald, I'd like to apologise for sitting in Chapel when you were coming round. Im Sorry for screwing your quali lap mate, that was me, Id stalled after the spin and was franticly trying to get running again, but then I saw you baring down on me, so I just slammed the ESC key.

Doesnt make it any easier to live with, but everyone knows, if I've screwed up and I know about it, I like to at least say sorry.

The issue of people knocking people off of the track and not waiting needs to be sorted, but lets keep it professional and dignified, and use the correct manner that is available to us, and keep the forum pages clean of any fighting.

Peace Out!

One of the best races I have had in a wile and for once had no contact with anyone the whole race,never even scratched the paint!. Thanks to Tapio and Paul for the fun and clean race.One of the best battles i have ever had.

Quali was ok but not great, got third among the vettes i think.I soon settled in behind Tapio content with the pace we were running as I was mindful of the tires right from the beginning.I fallowed for a good wile waiting for my chance to get by. It came when he spun his tires going into the first long strait.I got a run and got by out braking into the corner.Then it was his turn to put the pressure on me witch he did for a very long time until his mistake gave me a comfortable margin.I had paul about 5 seconds ahead and pushed for a lap or two to try to catch him but it was not possible with out destroying my tires as he seemed to be pushing fairly hard.Then with only about five laps to go he dove into the pits.Apparently the fast pace he was on used up his tires.There was no way i was going to pit now even though my front left was down to one and a half red squares.I was in cruse mode milking that front left tire figuring i had third overall and first in class all locked up when on the last lap out of nowhere comes Paul closing like mad.I had to put the hammer down and hope that tire would hold.He closed right up on the back strait and i had to get real defensive in the last few corners to hold him off.We crossed the finish with less then a tenth of a second difference! Most exiting finish i have ever had.:thumbsup:

Hey Christopher, thanks for explaining:thumbsup: now reading your story, I realise I made a wrong assumption. I experienced it like I crashed because of you being in the middle of the road, and I made the assumption you let me pass after the crash because of it and it looked like in my mirror I already passed you, so that might be the downside indeed from my low framerate. You were right to see it the way you did as you were not guilty of anything so in that case sorry for me hitting you in that case:) (the second time offcourse)

Its ok bud, weve all been there.

Ill give you the minutes of it.

I stalled in the corner.
You came thundering down, unable stop and slammed into me, I go flying, literally! :roflmao:
I try to find my way back to the track.
Again, you hit me. I say what the hell was that? Stefan says "Oh, it was Ian".
We both say, FRAMERATE!

:giggle:

In all truth, in the thick of it, we call our best racing buddies fekkin ejits when one or more of screw up. What can set us apart though, is if we can look upon ourself and say;

YES, I AM A FEKKIN EJIT!!!

;)

Stop hitting each other, all this violence :p

Had fun thanks guys. Need to work on my pull aways as I struggled to get off the line last night.
My tyres did not last at all and struggled 2 laps then decided to rather pit and on the last 3 or so laps the car just kept running wide. Thought my left front is going to burst or something but made it to the end.

Once again thanks for hosting an awesome race

Stop hitting each other, all this violence :p

Had fun thanks guys. Need to work on my pull aways as I struggled to get off the line last night.
My tyres did not last at all and struggled 2 laps then decided to rather pit and on the last 3 or so laps the car just kept running wide. Thought my left front is going to burst or something but made it to the end.

Once again thanks for hosting an awesome race

You're just saying that coz you're too slow to hit anybody with any effect :rolleyes::roflmao:

That was fun, although it was a bit bumpy somewhere in the beginning of the race.
It took me some laps to get a decent feel to the car (was driving the GTR)> I think finally the setup was good to do a 1:59, but as always... couldn't get the sectors welded together.

Was 4th on the grid and lost a spot during the start. From where I was it was all clean and everyone came savely thru the first 4 corners. :thumbsup: In lap 2 I span in becketts and had almost the whole field pass by to rejoin savely.
I got near the vetts pretty quickly and when coming to Arena they were spinning and bumping into me which made mespin and fall further back some waited others didn't (I don't hav ethe names up so maybe I should start doing that). COming to Brooklands there spinning cars again and when I tried to drive around them, got hit again. With all the spinning my tires were shot within 10 laps, so needed to pit early. Then a few laps later there was someone almost standing still on the straights througout Brooklands. I could JUST avoid him, but span off as I couldn't het my car under control and than .... another pitstop for tires as there were shot again.
With a few more laps to go I was chasing Paul, but the race was too short. I came in 6th (?).

Thanx for the race guys! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back