Nissan GT500 Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nissan GT500 rFactor 2 Release.jpg

Studio 397 have been rather busy lately developing and releasing their first new build for rFactor 2, and now the studio have dropped a nice little surprise on players just before the jolly fat man in red comes to visit on Sunday - releasing the long awaiting Nissan GT500 from the 2013 Japanese SuperGT Championship!

Previewed as early as 2013, the Nissan GT500 is an extremely impressive piece of technology that went on to great success over in Japan's premier GT series during recent seasons. Weighing in a just 1,100kg and kicking out an awesome 530bhp, the Nissan is a high performance, high technology and high downforce GT race car that perfectly showcases the often underrated SuperGT series over in Japan.

Following seemingly endless years of preview and speculation about this car in rFactor 2, finally Studio 397 have surprised fans of the title by adding the vehicle as a free download for the simulation, available immediately. Featuring four official liveries from the 2013 racing season, the Nissan GT500 can be downloaded via the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page now.

rF2 Studio 397 Nissan GT500.png

rFactor 2 is available to purchase for PC on Steam now. Recently benefiting from the removal of paid online access, the game is currently 50% off in the Steam Winter Sale.

For further information on the future of rFactor 2, check out the December Development Roadmap post here.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to take part in some of the best League and Club Racing events on the internet. Interact with our vibrant rFactor community in our dedicated rFactor 2 sub forum, download mods for the game or share a setup or two for your favourite cars.

Are you happy to see the release of the GT500 after such a long wait? Does the new momentum of the sim since Studio 397 took over development encourage you as to the future of rFactor 2? Have you tried the car, and has it been worth the wait? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Still a thief though. Using pirated software is theft. End of, no excuses. You and your type do not help our hobby. And I doubt the mods you made were done on a legit RF2 licence.:(:thumbsdown: I wouldn't trust you at all. What would you feel like if someone stole from your business?
Stop caling me thief or whe gona have problems,again,you dont know me to call me names dude,go to your life i forget this.

you can get a lot off content go to launcher / workshop and subscribe what cars / tracksyou want , there are 174 cars/tracks that you can download , for FREE , after that close launcher and start again then all will be downloaded and installed automaticly .
Thanks i know that. I did that already. :) But i downloaded ISI stuff and i think that was probably stupid as that content is probably already in the sim since ISI made rF2, i think.

But the tracks i downloaded i cant see them. Maybe ISI stuff wasnt installed because that content already exist. Dont know.

rFactor 2 is definitely not worth it for me. The community is decreasing, barely any mods (only a few classic Formula 1 years and the rest are modern), and rFactor has more value and history than rF2, which has been losing to other racing sims these days like Assetto Corsa. Sorry, but if there is not enough content then maybe another time. These days it is competitive, 10 years ago there wasn't much competition. So there should be more support put into rfactor 2, rather than playing minimal mods.

And I doubt my friends would get it, because they play rFactor and enjoy it a lot. The game will last for a long time, and when rF2 has more variety, then it can become great too.

Last edited:
Thanks i know that. I did that already. :) But i downloaded ISI stuff and i think that was probably stupid as that content is probably already in the sim since ISI made rF2, i think.

But the tracks i downloaded i cant see them. Maybe ISI stuff wasnt installed because that content already exist. Dont know.
go to launcher and select single player there you can see /AL tracks / cars what you have
or steam/steamapps / common /rfactor2 / installed

Watched a few videos about the Enduracers LMP mod, holy jezus the Ligier JS P2 is worth 15 $ alone,

But i've got a question is this really how the AI behaves? or is this some kind of mod because i've never seen this good of a AI before
VV

RF2 AI is the absolute best in the business.

Yup, rF2 AI is seriously underrated - they are quite believable opponents, for the most part.

The main complaint I've had with rF2 AI is that they seem quite unbalanced from track-to-track (for example, X% AI @ track 1 will be snail slow, but X% AI @ track 2 will be aliens). Wish they would put some work into balancing them out (or, even better, adopting an adaptive system like R3E).

Convince me to buy Rfactor 2 please, have been willing to take the plunge for a while now but never really bought it for some reason and since it's 15 $ on steam sale right now.

Some of the mods look great (Enduracers)
So please help me out :D

2 Wasn't this already in Rfactor 2 as official content? I can remember there was a similair GTR GT car in the demo once.

Pretty simple, mate, for how much it is this week, it would be a pity not to buy it and keep for whenever you see something exciting you want to test, from this car, to the newest version of a great track, think they're about to release a new Road America, to... say DX11 or whatever else they're cooking over there.

These are good people putting good stuff out there for us, not perfect, no sim is, and the discussion of which is best is just silly when you can afford 2 or 3; time you spend on them will be dictated by how much you like the experience each time you race that one versus another one, and if you race online it would also be impacted by the guys you race with, sometimes great, super great, or, meh...

Choices are yours, the sim is worth the money.

Hope this helps

Hmm. Just installed rF2 and went into the sim to test it out (SP). Clicked CAR button and there were no cars in the list. Clicked TRACK button and same there. Tried to click "RACE" just to see if there was some standard combo set but it tells me "no cars or tracks installed". Cant see this mod either that i subscribed to in workshop.

EDIT: After i restart the sim it downloaded the mods and the Nissan. So i have 2 tracks (mods), the Nissan and 2 other cars (mods). Doesnt rF2 come with content? Or do you have to get it all from ISI's workshop files?

Last edited:
This isn't about buying or not buying something that costs about a much as a six pack of beers.
Actually today ill probably polish off half a bottle of campari and 3 or 4 beers at my neighbours Christmas eve dinner. By my calculations I could probably buy 2 copies or rf2 for that much.
Why do we even have discussions about software that is so cheap.
I'm sure most of you have that floating around under your car seat.
Well look at that for a rant.
So anyway how is the car? :)

Hmm. Just installed rF2 and went into the sim to test it out (SP). Clicked CAR button and there were no cars in the list. Clicked TRACK button and same there. Tried to click "RACE" just to see if there was some standard combo set but it tells me "no cars or tracks installed". Cant see this mod either that i subscribed to in workshop.

EDIT: After i restart the sim it downloaded the mods and the Nissan. So i have 2 tracks (mods), the Nissan and 2 other cars (mods). Doesnt rF2 come with content? Or do you have to get it all from ISI's workshop files?
Really not sure what issues you are having. Try verifying the game files?

rF2 doesnt come with any content on Steam that I am aware of besides the "demo" content. Used to be Atlanta motorsports park and the cobra if i recall correctly.

You are correct, you need to 'subscribe' to all the cars/tracks you want in the workshop for your game to have them. They do not come included by default.

In the workshop, someone compiled a single workshop item that includes all the games official content. So i would recommend looking at that.

Absolutely baffling why ISI/S397 decided to do it this way. 1 step forward, 2 back. No one wants to go to the workshop to download the stuff that should come with the games install in the first place.

Source: Just went through this last month when I moved over my non-steam install.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back