Nissan GT-R NISMO 2014 GT3 Revealed

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Nissan GT3 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has posted a new video on their YouTube channel unveiling one of the most popular sports cars to date: the Nissan GT-R NISMO 2014 GT3.

As announced earlier this month the newest upcoming DLC for Assetto Corsa, called Dream Pack, includes various new racing cars such as the Nissan and the BMW M235i Racing and will feature the much anticipated mother of all racing circuits: the infamous Nürburgring Nordschleife.

SEE ALSO: Assetto Corsa Steam Keys for sale for less than 35 Euros

The Assetto Corsa Dream Pack is currently undergoing final development and beta-testing. Besides the aforementioned cars and track the first DLC pack will come with some game updates of the main build of AC and introduces some new features and improvements of the existing code.

Video
Watch the video of the Nissan GT-R NISMO 2014 GT3 here.

Images
14 brand new screenshots added of the car in action around the Nürburgring Nordschleife

Nissan GT3 1.jpg Nissan GT3 2.jpg Nissan GT3 3.jpg Nissan GT3 4.jpg Nissan GT3 5.jpg Nissan GT3 6.jpg Nissan GT3 7.jpg Nissan GT3 8.jpg Nissan GT3 9.jpg Nissan GT3 10.jpg Nissan GT3 11.jpg Nissan GT3 12.jpg Nissan GT3 13.jpg Nissan GT3 14.jpg

Last edited:
10 cars and one track in iRacing would be about 160$?

Anyway, the game costs 49,99€ now right? Taking that as a starting point, also considering the amount of cars and tracks in version 1.0, I'd say that a logical price of the dreampack would be between € 7,99 - € 14,99.

Let the bets begin :)

It seems like everything said so far regarding price is only speculation. I'm confident that Kunos will set a fair price for the DLC. I don't feel like they over-charged for anything so far, quite the opposite in my case.

Just peed a little. :p

Jeeeezuz I love everything about this piece of artwork that the chaps at Nissan call a car. :inlove:

Ever rich enough, absolutely top of my shopping list. :)

Isn't Forza 5's Nordschleife also at least partially based on laserscan data? That came in a free update in that game so there really is no precedent for this :p

I do feel like it will be $30/30€ on Steam, with a pre-order discount for people who bought AC in early access. Discount I think will either be 33% off taking $10 off the price. Not cheap but not outrageously expensive either. As said above, in iRacing you would need to pay over quadruple this amount to get the same amount of content.

lol, 10 cars + laserscanned Nordschliefe is pretty much an entire game in enough itself.
I'm betting it'll be somewhere between $25-$40.

Just remember, hundreds of millions of kiddies around the world happily purchase Call of Duty (a much worse game than AC) on console (a much worse platform than PC) for $100, every single year.

Lol, Simracers can be some of the most stingy people ever. Complaining about something this good that will likely cost less than a weeks worth of cigarettes, yet will happily pay $500 for a wheel. lol.

Let's debate the content, rather than the price, because the price is not the problem.

The total cost of licensing, laser scanning and creating a track in Assetto Corsa can surpass the 100.000 euro mark, as Marco Massarutto said in a recent interview. I don't think that a relatively small studio like Kunos can afford to give that amount of work/money for free.

Knowing that Kunos' attention to detail is very high, 10 brand new cars and a huge track like the 'Ring is a big deal.

Back on the NISMO GT3 now.. :D
I'm quoting Aristotelis from twitter:
The Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3. A Frankestein Godzilla.

The GT3 rules prohibit four wheel drive and so the JRM racing team that prepares this racing car, had to take the amazing multiple differentials of the street GT-R and... throw them out of the window for the GT3 racing version. As such, the GT3 racing version is only rear wheel drive.

The car is also very big and very nose heavy in comparison with the other GT3 rivals. The rear diffuser is also quite low and can't generate important amounts of downforce. So the car has been stripped by its main advantage (the 4WD) and is also unbalance in terms of weight and downforce. Luckily the Balance Of Performance permitted a much more powerful engine. So while the other GT3 cars all produce around 480 to 520bhp, the godzilla roars at 600bhp!

So yeah, it's big, it's fat, has some understeer to cure on turn in and lacks traction at exit... but you better get out of its way when you see it on your mirrors because it will simply eat you alive at any straight!

In conclusion the car manages similar laptimes as the rest of the GT3 field... but in a total different way. What a beast!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back