Nissan GT-R GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

hi all, is there a way with a viewer program or similar software to read the INI files into proper data setup content? being able to compare 2-3x ini files side by side? see the differences? and etc? anyone have suggestions?
You should be able to open the setup files in any text editor. Edit: Oops, nevermind - guess you can't. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to compare outside the game.

2.16.116 with this one. 5 deg rear wing feels faster.Front is now at minimum height. Eau rouge is a bitch to get right flat out...I wouldn't play online with this setup I'd end up getting a bunch of penalties.

I don't remember if I changed other things. I have splits for a 2.15 but it's really tough to get a perfect lap with this car.

I just used this to beat the GT-R GT3 at Nordschleife (Godzilla) special event against the alien difficulty. Not much of a setup guy myself, I had to add some rear downforce, adjust gear ratios and change tyres for mediums but that much I can sort myself. I was struggling with the sluggish and unstable slobby default setup which just had no chance of beating the much faster BMW's through fast sections.

But your setup took away that sluggish understeer and lack of grip in the medium/high speed, car just dug into the corners more.. Was able to hold on and have them on the straights then, probably shaved about 6 seconds laptime.

In other words, awesome and cheers!

2.16.116 with this one. 5 deg rear wing feels faster.Front is now at minimum height. Eau rouge is a bitch to get right flat out...I wouldn't play online with this setup I'd end up getting a bunch of penalties.

I don't remember if I changed other things. I have splits for a 2.15 but it's really tough to get a perfect lap with this car.
phil, could I ask you to check your setup with GT-R@Spa on 1.2? I want your opinion on how it feels, and if it still feels fine to you. :)

phil, could I ask you to check your setup with GT-R@Spa on 1.2? I want your opinion on how it feels, and if it still feels fine to you. :)

No it's horrible. They have changed a lot of things in the suspension geometry on the GTR. Any pre 1.2 setups with this car will be bad.

You can run this for now but only feels ok-ish. I will udpate the post when I get something better

Attachments

• Q1_basephil12.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 775
No it's horrible. They have changed a lot of things in the suspension geometry on the GTR. Any pre 1.2 setups with this car will be bad.

You can run this for now but only feels ok-ish. I will udpate the post when I get something better
thanks, i thought that the car was behaving badly. but I sure feel reassured now that you've told me. :) i wasn't sure if it was just my bad driving.

let me ask you another thing: what's your take on the oversteer? i tried softening the rear but it didn't help, and i want to avoid increasing rear aero at all costs. what's the max camber you'd use on a gt3 car? any other advice on making the car more docile? ---of course, if answering it wont take too much of your time. you needn't bother. :)

thanks, i thought that the car was behaving badly. but I sure feel reassured now that you've told me. :) i wasn't sure if it was just my bad driving.

let me ask you another thing: what's your take on the oversteer? i tried softening the rear but it didn't help, and i want to avoid increasing rear aero at all costs. what's the max camber you'd use on a gt3 car? any other advice on making the car more docile? ---of course, if answering it wont take too much of your time. you needn't bother. :)

Camber I usually don't go over -4.0 front and -2.5 rear

The oversteer is there because of the low rear wing and there's a limit to what you can do with mechanical grip. Nothing wrong with increasing rear wing. The default set has 9 rear wing. It feels pretty docile and it's only maybe about 1 second slower than the setup I posted. If you want to correct with mechanical grip you will only create problems at low speed but you had it right soften rear arb, stiffen front arb, more psi(like +2) in the front tyres. The thing is you have to do so much of that to have a docile car at med-high speeds that you end up with a shitty car at low speeds.

The GTR is one of those cars where you don't get docile and fast, you kind of choose one.

hi all, is there a way with a viewer program or similar software to read the INI files into proper data setup content? being able to compare 2-3x ini files side by side? see the differences? and etc? anyone have suggestions?
You can open it in notepad++ with the compare plugin. It's not like the values are encrypted.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%