1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Nissan Altima V8 Supercar for 2013

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by Christopher Mattiuz, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Apologies for the extremely short notice, but I'm wondering if anyone at Team ORSM is interested in seeing the unveiling of Nissan's V8 Supercars challenger for the 2013 season which happens in about 10 from the time of this post. If there's going to be a V8 Factor mod for the 2013 season, now is as good a times as any to see what they can do with what they'll soon be getting. ;)

Link to the webstream

3. More and more v8s are becomgin like nascar, how sad. :(

4. not like NASCAR. All V8Supercars will look like the road going cars. The only difference is they will have a control chassis and components.

Since Project Blueprint (basically when the BA Falcon was introduced), the cars have had a control track distance for the wheels that doesn't match the road car (the VE's rear doors had to be cut to fit). They have had Control suspension parts, control brakes, control rim sizes (and more recently rims), control tyres, control gearbox, control cams, controlled power, controlled diff ratios, matched aero, and the engines are based on designs from the 1970s (pushrod based)

I'd say the racing we have seen in the last 8 years hasn't suffered, so why would it with 2 new manufacturer shells, newer designed engines and in some socio-economic circles, more attractive makes.

I think we are in for some real fun, and I actually can't wait to see the racing. Do you think Nissan (Nismo) will be interested in being in the pack?? They will want their engines and cars up the front really quickly.. And AMG will also want to stamp their authority as one of the worlds best motor development brands also. I think the Holden and Ford guys are in for some competition, and probably will need to look at engine redevelopment because it should be the only real difference.

• Like Like x 1
  5. At first the front looked a lot like a NASCAR with the bulky chrome grill, on track looks definately better and fits in the set pretty well, was hoping it'd be more sharp.

6. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Still feeling a little piece of the soul of V8 Supercars was lost when they moved to sequential gearboxes tbh, never quite been the same since..

I am hopeful we can continue to receive the races on MotorsTV here in the UK next season, can't wait to see Nissan having a scrap with the Holdens and Fords, be awesome if we could encourage BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar into the scene in the future.

7. Mercedes are in the scene, just their car hasnt been shown to the public.. yet! ;)

8. If they do not, you can always get to see the races from www.darcyf1.com (and maybe help support a great site)