Nissan aim to trademark Eau Rouge

I thought you couldn't trademark the names geographical landmarks.
Cause if you can, then what would stop me from registering a "Mount Everest" trademark? Just imagine all those tourist agencies having to pay a fee to use the trademark name or rename the mountain to something else... :poop:
IMO you are correct in your central point that a well known/iconic expression cant be trademarked by someone not related to it.
It would be like trademarking "Awesome" or "Huge" etc.
They are pissing into the wind with this one.

Nissan dont always nail it with names
Remember the "Nissan Cedric"
second only to the "Mitsubishi Pajero"
in errors of judgement.

For quite some years Opel sells the awesome Astra OPC Nürburgring Edition. Have they trademarked the ring for it?

Opel Astra OPC Nürburgring Edition.jpg

there are plenties of cars names that uses iconic race track names also here's a few

Shelby Daytona
Ferrari Daytona
Pontiac LeMans

and none of them have trademarked it so i'm wondering why Nissan wants to trademark Eau rouge :O_o:

I side with everyone here at bring pretty much ticked off with this move by Nissan.
Instead of shooting on here though, we should all make our feelings known to Nissan.
Twitter, Facebook and YouTube are effective tools in letting companies know when their potential customers are pissed of with them, and if enough of us tell them so, we can get them to change their mind

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back