Nissan 370z pace car racing...

After spending lots of time driving open wheel road rockets in rF2 (I particularly love the FR3.5) I've decided to spend a bit of time in tin tops. I have to say rF2 does a great job with these, as expected!

Anyway I've been giving the 370z a thrash around a few tracks, it's a great fun little car. The only problem is, every time I drive in non-private practice, quali and race, about 50% of the field is in 370z pace cars. They drive well enough against me (that's not hard to do), but it certainly looks a bit odd racing when half the field has flashing lights on their roofs! Has anyone else seen this or know how to alleviate it?

Thanks in advance!

hehe, :D

You've got the Racedepartement pace cars installed. :thumbsup:

Solution:
- uninstall them (don't delete them :whistling:)

Or ...

- Select the AI you want. This way you can add the same AI on different tracks for an offline championship.

Select "0" AI when you setup your race:
rFactor2-2015-02-15-22-42-50-55.jpg

- During practice, quali or warmup:
- Click on "Standings"
- Click on the the arrow next to "add AI" and add the AI cars you want.
- You get a drop down list of all the cars you can add
- Click on the cars you want to add.

(note: You can not add AI once the race session has started)
rFactor2-2015-02-15-22-44-47-49.jpg

still think it needs cpm to lose its rf1-ish feel.
Funny how people feel diffrently. I never driven it that much, but never felt rf1-ish to me. Only thing I noticed is that the stock tires are rock hard you could do loads of laps with them, but that is to be expected by a cost cutted class.
What the car has is an inherint balance to turn in understeer and exit oversteer that you cant really get rid of, but once I am adjusted to that its a blast (at least for me).
The most rf1-ish car to me is the BMW E90 WTCC, which I dont really enjoy, but a lot of people love it :D

Sorry for the OT, but although I enjoy the driving experience w/ the sim, ever since I've hated and have difficulty with the filters for selecting AI/cars, as it's not sorted at all, while many mods/installations don't have same tags of the selected cars' names and so difficult to find. Have to scroll down a long list and then learn later the cars/classes are named differently. What's the best way to manage this? Pls share me your tips, so I can enjoy and go race. :unsure:

Sorry for the OT, but although I enjoy the driving experience w/ the sim, ever since I've hated and have difficulty with the filters for selecting AI/cars, as it's not sorted at all, while many mods/installations don't have same tags of the selected cars' names and so difficult to find. Have to scroll down a long list and then learn later the cars/classes are named differently. What's the best way to manage this? Pls share me your tips, so I can enjoy and go race. :unsure:
It is a bit of a stupid system to be fair. It is managed by each modder and it is a seperate setting to the cars name, so if a modder decides to put 3 cars in one class you are stuck with that. You can build your own teams though to make things easier.
I guess @David O'Reilly has more experience with that, but it is not an easy simple click process.
Even if modders to everything fine you still have diffrent numbers of cars per class, which makes it more difficult if you dont want to add each AI manually.

My best solution to that problem is to drive online, but that is not really a general solution :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000