rF2 Nissan 370z GT4 @ Portland International Raceway - Sun 29Oct17

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm sure @Shawn Jacobs will give a hand if you need some help, he's really good with it.
I can too, but i'm not up to his speed :)
Can you share your overlay setup, if that's possible? I have Simhub but i'm lazy and i haven't put too much effort to set it properly :)

Hi all

My latest version is currently setup for VEC so I'll make some tweaks tonight and remove some of the colour coding that is VEC specific and will then put it in the mod section on here.

I've only got one for triples at the moment so if you run single screens you may have to tweak it quite a bit but you'll at least have all my widgets.

I'll post in here once it's uploaded.

@BhZ I'm sure I had already sent you a copy? Can't be that lazy you never actually looked at it? Must be all that time practicing I guess..

I think I have an older tweaked version of your stuff Shawn but would like to see what you have now.

My race was actually relatively uneventful (and that is a good thing!). I lost a spot at the start but got it back after a bit of a battle with Damien. You lose a lot of time in these cars when you are batting! There was a gap to the next cars in front, but I started catching up because they were battling also. I then joined the battle of @RainhamIron and @Shawn Jacobs. Both of us got by Shawn when he got into the marbles at T1, I am sure that his tires were boiling by this point anyways.

Unfortunately Andy started pulling away, and even more unfortunate was that he had a connection problem that messed up his race a couple of laps later. After that I was stuck with cars I couldn't catch up to and a gap to those behind. In the last few laps decided to make it interesting with a few off road excursions on T1 and the last turn to let @Scrambles to catch up. Luckily I did enough to hold him off at the end :).

Pretty happy since I was never comfortable with the car and my FFB got notchy at the race start (glad it didn't get progressively worse).

I think I have an older tweaked version of your stuff Shawn but would like to see what you have now.

My race was actually relatively uneventful (and that is a good thing!). I lost a spot at the start but got it back after a bit of a battle with Damien. You lose a lot of time in these cars when you are batting! There was a gap to the next cars in front, but I started catching up because they were battling also. I then joined the battle of @RainhamIron and @Shawn Jacobs. Both of us got by Shawn when he got into the marbles at T1, I am sure that his tires were boiling by this point anyways.

Unfortunately Andy started pulling away, and even more unfortunate was that he had a connection problem that messed up his race a couple of laps later. After that I was stuck with cars I couldn't catch up to and a gap to those behind. In the last few laps decided to make it interesting with a few off road excursions on T1 and the last turn to let @Scrambles to catch up. Luckily I did enough to hold him off at the end :).

Pretty happy since I was never comfortable with the car and my FFB got notchy at the race start (glad it didn't get progressively worse).

I think you mean @Sean and not @Shawn Jacobs there Fred ;)
Yes you are right, I was trying to fend off you two and could not understand where my pace went, until I noticed the mad front tyre wear!
Looks like you had a good race Fred, great stuff! pity about your ongoing FFB issue, hope it gets sorted at some stage mate :)

Doh!

I knew there was something wrong since you should usually be ahead of me by quite a bit!

I'm not the only one who has the same FFB problems with the same wheel. Unfortunately there they really don't seem too bothered to come out with frequent updates to the game (Not everyone can be Reiza!). I went through practice, quali and warmup without any problems....as soon as I headed off for the formation lap I felt the notchiness. The last couple of rF2 races I would do a game restart during the warmup, but I forgot to this time :/.

Doh!

I knew there was something wrong since you should usually be ahead of me by quite a bit!

I'm not the only one who has the same FFB problems with the same wheel. Unfortunately there they really don't seem too bothered to come out with frequent updates to the game (Not everyone can be Reiza!). I went through practice, quali and warmup without any problems....as soon as I headed off for the formation lap I felt the notchiness. The last couple of rF2 races I would do a game restart during the warmup, but I forgot to this time :/.
lol, not always mate, you have been flying of late. You making me work hard to keep up :)
I agree, Reiza are good at updates.
Maybe Santa will bring you a Fanatec V2.5 or even a DD? you never know ;) (Hope you've been a good boy this year) then all the FFB issues will simply melt away...

It says we must enable vsync. I assume that G-Sync works as well, correct?
Good question, I'm not to sure, i assume Gsync looks it to a certain frames still? Basically if the fps are all over the shop simhub can't sync the overlay with it and it's really jumpy, so if your frames a consistent with Gsync it should be fine.

Good question, I'm not to sure, i assume Gsync looks it to a certain frames still? Basically if the fps are all over the shop simhub can't sync the overlay with it and it's really jumpy, so if your frames a consistent with Gsync it should be fine.
With Gsync the gpu framerate is all over the place as usual according to load, but the monitor's refresh rate also varies dynamically based on what the GPU is doing and syncs the two together. So definitely no tearing issues, but a variable framerate for sure (unless you're constantly hitting the max framerate of the monitor of course). Sounds like it might be an issue, but we'll have to see what happens and report back.

With Gsync the gpu framerate is all over the place as usual according to load, but the monitor's refresh rate also varies dynamically based on what the GPU is doing and syncs the two together. So definitely no tearing issues, but a variable framerate for sure (unless you're constantly hitting the max framerate of the monitor of course). Sounds like it might be an issue, but we'll have to see what happens and report back.
Before switching to VR I was using SimHub with Shawn's overlay with no problems on my Gsync monitor.

I'm having problems resizing the widgets. I'm changing the AutoSizeScale value but it just cuts the widget in half. What am i doing wrong?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%